You should update the list of supported processors for MQX Classic.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You should update the list of supported processors for MQX Classic.

RichardR
Contributor IV

You should update the list of supported processors for MQX Classic to accurately reflect that both the K65 and K66 are supported by it.  At least that claim is made in your announcement of MQX Classic 4.2, but it is not reflected at http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/nxp-mqx-software-solutions/mqx-real....  That caused me to spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out what combination of KDS and KSDK I was going to have to learn in order to transition to a K65 processor.

6 Replies

gpaulino
Contributor I

Hi, soledad danielchen@fsl

Is it possible to port MQX v4.2.0 for a FRDM-K66F board? Does it support?

#mqx 4.2#frdm-k66f#mk66fn2m0vlq18‌ 

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guilherme Paulino

MQX 5.1 supports Frdm-K66f board, but with commercial license. Please check below link for more details

MQX™ v5 Software Solutions|NXP 

However, we also have customers ported the MQX 4.2 to FrdmK66f successfully by themselves.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Richard

Thanks for your input. Please see the following picture about the supported boards of MQX 4.2, it is from the release notes , Items in red is new features in MQX 4.2 release

supported-boards.jpg

Regards

Daniel

RichardR
Contributor IV

On the MQX Classic page, MQX™ Classic Software Solutions|NXP this is the list of supported processors.  I didn't do any further digging at the time because I made the incorrect assumption that the list on the main page for MQX Classic would be correct.  I was just hoping to help other people avoid the issues I had figuring out what tools I could and could not use for the K65.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Richard,

Please let me apologize if this is a little confused.

However it is possible to use MQX classic for all the Kinetis devices you can see in the list but we don’t have the BSP’s for all devices. If the BSP is not provided then it is necessary to take the closest BSB to the device used, clone it and modify the new BSP according the needs.

For example there is not a BSP for Kinetis K30-100Mhz, so it is necessary to take the twrk40d100m BSP, clone it and modify according your needs.

The BSP cloning wizard is a tool that can help to clone the BSPs. After install MQX you can find this tool at the path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\tools\BSPCloningWizard

In addition you can find a pair of documents that show a guide to porting the MQX BSPs to the custom target hardware with a similar MCU derivative including an example of the porting.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx

Please complete survey to help shape the future of MQX v5.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Richard, I will inform my colleague to update this list

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos