What is the fix for mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Freescale/Freescale_MQX_4_1/lib/twrk70f120m.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/intflash_ddrdata.ld', needed by `explicit-dependencies'. Stop. ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the fix for mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Freescale/Freescale_MQX_4_1/lib/twrk70f120m.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/intflash_ddrdata.ld', needed by `explicit-dependencies'. Stop. ?

uCRFun
Contributor I

I'm trying to come up to speed on embedded RTOSs, MQX in this case, (I'm a novice) and I get this error when I try to build.  One thing I've determined is that there is no "bsp" folder inside the debug folder within the above mentioned path.  There is a "psp" folder there however.  Can someone offer guidance on how to rectify this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cliff,

I'm assuming you are using CW10.6 but correct me if I'm wrong.

A great reading location to start with is:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\doc\MQX_Read_Me.html

At a high level MQX RTOS is divided up into what we call "RTOS components".  The RTOS components are :BSP/PSP/MFS/SHELL/RTCS/USB.  Documentation elaborates on each.  Plus in the \doc folder are component folders with additional PDF's to read.

In CW10.6 you can open the entire RTOS by dragging and dropping the following file into CW10.6 project pane:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\build\twrk70f120m\cw10gcc\build_libs.wsd

Then compile the RTOS components.  Each component will generate headers and a library that will be copied into the /lib path you mention.

With the RTOS built, you can now compile a MQX Application that will be linked against the RTOS libraries and generate a final MQX RTOS application image to load and run on the TWR-K70F120M.

A simple example would be the C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\mqx\examples\hello\build\cw10gcc\hello_twrk70f120m project.  Just drag and drop the ".project" file into CW10.6 project pane, compile, and debug.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

uCRFun
Contributor I

Hey David,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I got sidetracked with other tasks.  I'm using CW10.5 by the way but I'm sure the suggestions you've made and information you've provided are just as applicable.  I had not yet stumbled upon some of the documents you mention so I'll take the time to read through them to try to get an understanding of what changes I need to make.  There's no guarantee I won't be back with more question but thank you much for your direction. 

Regards,

Cliff

0 Kudos