cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webserver in MQX4.1.0.1 is not linked - MCF52255

kappa74
Contributor IV

Good morning,

I use MQX4.1 and CW10.4, the microcontroller is MCF52255. I want to port my project from library MQX3.8.1 to library MQX4.1 (patched 1) because the webserver didn't work properly and the technical support suggested to me to do this migration.

I don't use external RAM, it is not present in my project.

I started from the example "web_hvac" where I added my source files and an home page which displayed only "Hello world!!!".

After compiling in debug version, and programmed the microcontroller I connected my board directly to the PC and then I connected my board and the PC through a router: the results are the same.

The setting of the board is:IP=192.168.1.236 - mask=255.255.0.0 - gateway=192.168.1.252.

The setting of the PC is: IP=192.168.1.100 - mask=255.255.0.0 - gateway=192.168.1.252.

I disabled the DHCP.

I tried to communicate by Ethernet but:

- the "ping" command from DOS shell of the PC failed

- the webserver of MCF52255 didn't work, I tried with Mozilla Firefox and with Google Chrome but I didn't get any connection

- the connection by Ethernet didn't work, I have a supervision software which works by Ethernet connection

The initialization of RTCS task is OK, I hadn't any error in the task (viewed by "Task summery" and also by the debugger step by step).

In conclusion the webserver is not working!!!Running the tasks but I can't get any connection. There is no connection by Ethernet.

With the old version, and in the same condition, I got web connection.

You can find attached the source files, configuration files.

Can you say me, which is the error?

Thank you

Best Regards

Mirko Fortunato

Original Attachment has been moved to: RTCS.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: user_config.h.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: vectors.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: small_ram_config.h.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: eth.h.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: HVAC_Task.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Tasks.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

RTCS in MQX4.1 has many differences compared to MQX3.8 which are oriented to improve performance, therefore RTCS initialization does not work the same way in both versions.

Please find attached a simple example of a webserver. I used K70, but you can copy the source files to a MCF5225x project as MQX is cross platform.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

0 Kudos

kappa74
Contributor IV

Hi Carlos Alberto,

I noted that in MQX4.1 there is the initialization for the physical Ethernet device ksz8041.

In my board I mounted the device ksz8721BL. With this initialization the Ethernet device doesn't work.

If I change the initialization using the file dp83xxx.c, the Ethenet device will start to work.

Do you think that I can use this initialization or can I have some problem?

In MQX4.1 the initialization for ksz8721BL is missing.

Have you developped any initialization file for this device?

Regards

Mirko

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

I recommend to create your own initialization for the PHY, I have not used othe PHYs than the ones that are in our boards.

If you need help with this I would suggest MQX level 2 support as this is a specific change in BSP.

Please visit

www.freescale.com/mqx/support

Should you need to contact us with regard to this message, please see the notes below.

Best Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

kappa74
Contributor IV

Dear Carlos Alberto,

I tried your software with the TWRK70 and it is working.

I tried the demo software web_hvac founded in MQX4.1 demo directory with TWRK70 and it is working, too.

I started from the demo software web_hvac and I implemented my application for my board where I use the MCF52255 micro.

The initializialization as the way of RTCS MQX4.1.

My application is running without any error, there are all the tasks but the webserver doesn't answer and the "ping" command fails.

Attached some configuration files.

I made another test.

I tried to compile for MCF52255 the example "httpsrvr" found in MQX4.1\rtcs\examples directory but, when I start the debugger, always the debugger will stop everytime and it will display the error showed in Debugger_error_httpsrv.jpg. Why?

Regards

Mirko

0 Kudos