Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K65F180M with TWR-LCD or TWR-LCD-RGB, on MQX

Jump to solution
acampbell
Contributor II

Hey all!

I have a TWR-K65F180M running MQX, and I would like to try putting an app on it with a GUI. Obviously I need the graphics hardware; I understand the TWR-LCD module is compatible with the TWR-K65, and I would assume the TWR-LCD-RGB module is as well.

So is it reasonable for me to try to set up a GUI project on the K65 board? Is it true that the LCD modules will work?

I also see that Freescale offers the eGUI kit, which appears to come with the graphics drivers, but the only example project included is for a TWR-K70 board. However the PEG Lite software seems to be more closely linked with MQX. Any word on which of these would be better and/or easier on the developer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yoramshacham
Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

To the best of my understanding, the TWR-LCD-RGB requires LCD controller on the MCU and thus is used with the K70.

K65 does not have an LCD controller and thus can work the graphics using SPI or parallel only, hence uses the TWR-LCD.

Saying that, I'm also looking for an MQX+D4D demo I can use - did you find any?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Aaron,

Like Yoram mentioned, unfortunately the K65 doesn't contain the graphic LCD Controller module like the K70.

For the K70, please check the below application note and let me know if this helps!!

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4588.pdf

In addition please check the below thread

TWR-K70F120M + TWR-LCD-RGB using CodeWarrior + eGUI code example

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
yoramshacham
Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

To the best of my understanding, the TWR-LCD-RGB requires LCD controller on the MCU and thus is used with the K70.

K65 does not have an LCD controller and thus can work the graphics using SPI or parallel only, hence uses the TWR-LCD.

Saying that, I'm also looking for an MQX+D4D demo I can use - did you find any?

0 Kudos
acampbell
Contributor II

I did not; for my app, I ended up using FreeRTOS on an ST Micro board with emWin instead.

0 Kudos