Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in Low Power Wait in debug

Jump to solution
MQX3_8
Contributor II

Hello,

I am having problems migrating my MQX3.8 project to MQX 4.0. I am using CW10.3 to program my chip MK60DN512VLQ10, and in debug, I can see that my chip went into "Low Power Wait" mode and never executed main(). I do not know how it went into this mode in the first place, and how to get out.

Looking into the hardware

I have:

Pin 54 NMI_b is left floating

Pin 110 LPTMR0_ALT2 is left floating as well.

I have had both of these pins pulled up to 3.3V, but that did not make a difference.

Looking into the software

In my user_config.h file I have this line

#define MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER 0

Doesn't it disable low power modes?

I have also programmed my chip with unaltered hello_twrk60n512 codes, but the same "Low Power Wait" mode.

The same chip and hardware setup has no program working with my project based on MQX3.8.

Would really appreciate the help here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ling,

With your updated development tool and MQX please try using the following target:

twrk60d100m

I'm assuming that you have the update K60 silicon.

So Rev1.x was to use the twr-k60n512 target and the Rev2.0 to use the twr-k60d100M target.

Which revision of the K60 silicon do you have in your system?

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ling,

Going from MQX3.8 to MQX4.0 is very big step.

I'd suggest closing all project within CW10.3 and open the TWR-K60n512 RTOS, recompile the RTOS components, open the hello_twrk60n512 project, clean, compile, and then try to debug to see if the tool chain is operating properly.

Once tool chain is working, then try to port.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
MQX3_8
Contributor II

Hi David,

The problem presists for the hello projecton on my custom board.

I used I different laptop, uninstalled the MQX 3.8 and CW 10.1 that was there. I restarted system, installed CW10.3 (and all the updates/patches needed in Install New Software...) and installed MQX 4.0. I then imported all the libraries (bsp, psp, etc) for twrk60n512, cleaned, built, imported hello_twrk60n512, cleaned, built, and debugged. Same situation for the hello project on my board.

I would like to point out that my codes, after porting to MQX 4.0 does not have the "Low power wait" situation when it is programmed on a very similar board using the MK60DN512ZVLQ10 chip instead of MK60DN512VLQ10. The same goes for the hello project.

MQX3.8                    MQX4.0

MK60DN512ZVLQ10                    Runs                         Runs

MK60DN512VLQ10                      Runs                "Low power wait"

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ling,

With your updated development tool and MQX please try using the following target:

twrk60d100m

I'm assuming that you have the update K60 silicon.

So Rev1.x was to use the twr-k60n512 target and the Rev2.0 to use the twr-k60d100M target.

Which revision of the K60 silicon do you have in your system?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
MQX3_8
Contributor II

Hi David,

I will try the twrk60d100m.

Looking at the datasheet for MK60DN512VLQ10 (Doc Number K60P144M100SF2V2), given that part number, my silicon revision is "Main". MK60DN512ZVLQ10 is the "Initial" version. So I am not sure what the actual number is.

Ling

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ling,

Since you have the MK60"DN"512VLQ10 (the secret sauce for me is seeing the "DN") you have "initial" Revisiong 2.0 silicon.

I don't have a masters degree in part numbering (which I think is needed :-) ) but I think you'll have success with the twr-k60d100M build.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
MQX3_8
Contributor II

Thanks David!

I do not have the Low Power Wait problem anymore! :smileyhappy:

Ling

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Awesome!

Thank you for updating the post.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
travis_l
Contributor III

Hi, I know this is an old post but I'm having very similar issue with MK40DX256ZVLQ10 (rev 8N30D) using MQX 4.0.2.   I have worked with this micro on other projects and have had no problems, but with this project it is mostly event driven and I find that it only gets stuck in low power wait when all the tasks are blocked waiting on events...   any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos