Source files not recompiling after they are altered when using Workbench Project->BatchBuild->Debug->Make.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source files not recompiling after they are altered when using Workbench Project->BatchBuild->Debug->Make.

rickstuart
Contributor V

This is probably a setting deep w/in Workbench.  But I haven't found it yet.  Does anyone know of a solution to this problem I am having:

I'm used to Workbench not working as I expect it to and usually do a BuildAll for any project I touch then do a Build&Run (GreenArrow) which does what I have come to expect (Only a link and send-to-target).

-thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rickstuart
Contributor V

I should probably add that the source files are in other projects in the workspace that only compile to produce a library file.  And that those source files do not recompile when using Workbench Project->BatchBuild->Debug->Make.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello rick:

Can you mention the IDE you use? (CodeWarrior, IAR, Keil)

This sounds like an issue with the build/make system.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

rickstuart
Contributor V

IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 7.20.5.7624

IAR Embedded Workbench common components 7.1.2.3324

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick,

I've had similar issue with other IDE's when either the IDE or workspace or source code are in the C:\Program Files path on Windows 7 machines.

The path adds extra permissions that the IDE doesn't know about so after initial access to file you cannot delete or update.

This might not be your issue but wanted to share.

My solution was to uninstall and re-install to non-Program Files path.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos