Skipping flash loading pass because there is no data in the designated range: 0x10000000-0x13FFFFFF.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping flash loading pass because there is no data in the designated range: 0x10000000-0x13FFFFFF.

Jump to solution
renganathan_bs
Contributor II

I got this message : Skipping flash loading pass because there is no data in the designated range: 0x10000000-0x13FFFFFF as a warning while running MQX based hello wrold program on kinetis K53. Does it mean anything Significant ? Any workaround to eliminate this warning ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check MCU part number at your board.

If your MCU is MK53N512CMD100 or MK53DN512ZCMD10 (maskset xN40D), you have board with old silicon Rev 1.x. and TWR-K53N512 BSP should work for you.

However if your MCU is new MK53DN512CMD10 (no ‘Z’ character, maskset xN22D), you have new silicon Rev 2.x.. Unfortunately this MCU isn’t compatible with our default K53 BSP (see this app note for differences).

For this board please use port from TWR-K60D100 board according porting guide.

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

I am sorry for that complications.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check MCU part number at your board.

If your MCU is MK53N512CMD100 or MK53DN512ZCMD10 (maskset xN40D), you have board with old silicon Rev 1.x. and TWR-K53N512 BSP should work for you.

However if your MCU is new MK53DN512CMD10 (no ‘Z’ character, maskset xN22D), you have new silicon Rev 2.x.. Unfortunately this MCU isn’t compatible with our default K53 BSP (see this app note for differences).

For this board please use port from TWR-K60D100 board according porting guide.

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

I am sorry for that complications.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
renganathan_bs
Contributor II

I am having the new chips which have version 2. So now I am starting with the Docs which you have mentioned to make custom BSP for my chip.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

renganathan_bs
Contributor II

Hi RadekS,

I started with the doc which you have mentioned. I am using IAR embedded workbench and I am struck in the step 14 where I am not able to get any .eww in the build folder. I am using MQX 4.1 and the steps is done for MQX 4.0.2. Does it make any change in the steps I should Follow. Is there any separate Doc for latest version of MQX 4.1.

Also as mentioned in the step 12, where I need to delete the ProcessorExpert.c file from the sources folder. But in my case it is not even there to be deleted. Does it mean I am doing anything wrong.    

Thanks

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are right that BSP Porting Guide refers to MQX4.0.2, however this is just missed error in documentation update. BSP Porting Guide in MQX 4.1 installation directory is intended for MQX4.1.

In fact, build_libs.eww is stored in directory:

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\config\CustomBSP\iar\ in case of MQX4.0

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\CustomBSP\iar\ in case of MQX4.1

It seems that cloning by BSP cloning wizzard was not successful.

Please check whether you check option for IAR Embeded Workbench and click on Generate MQX Projects button. I tested it on my PC and generating takes approximately 10 minutes and build_libs.eww file was generated at end of this process.

Here is documentation for BSP cloning wizard:

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\tools\MQX_BSP_Cloning_Wizard_Getting_Started.pdf

renganathan_bs
Contributor II

Hi RadekS. Problem was due to BSP cloning wizard. Now I was able to use the build libs after generating for the IAR embedded workbench.  Now I got struck in the step 26, where when I build the project I am getting this error in the IAR embedded workbench.

Building configuration: bsp_customk53n512 - Debug

Updating build tree...

Build error: Multiple tools write to the same file.

File: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\build\iar\bsp_customk53n512\Debug\Obj\Vectors.o

Tool 1: C/C++ Compiler, when processing C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\customk53n512\vectors.c

Tool 2: C/C++ Compiler, when processing C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\build\iar\bsp_customk53n512\Generated_Code\Vectors.c

Build aborted.

I made the necessary changes in the batch file as mentioned in the previous step but the results were the same. When I tried clean option, I was getting the same error message. Help me out with this one.

Thanks

0 Kudos