Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silicium revision and MQX 4.0.2.2

Jump to solution
yb
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a problem since I try to update a project with the last MQX version, 4.0.2.2 on a Kintetis K60N512 target.

The project doesn't run with new silicium version 4N22D... With an older, 4N30D, there is no problems.

Before running the main task, in the asm parts, MQX go in an infinite loop (dispatch.S, line 462) because it can not find any task in the fisrt call of _pend_svc (dispatch.s, line 400).

The creation of the idle task seems to be juste after (...), in dispatch.S, line 315.

In step by step, with a 4N30D mask, the MQX 4.0.2.2 is OK, no stop in infinite loop et go normally in my app.

The big difference seems to be in _bsp_enable_card (init_bsp.c. ) between MQX 3.8.1 and 4.0.2.2 versions.

I think there is no relation with my app, because MQX has not jump into it at this moment.

Any ideas ?

Yvan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

No, Rev 1.x twrk60n512, Rev 2.x twrk60d100. You have an AN with the differences between silicon's, the bsp is implementing the silicon changes and bug fix. It could work, but you would have to apply the changes manually according the revision you're running.

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In MQX 4.0.2 you will find two K60 bsp's, twrk60n512 and twrk60d100. The first one is for silicon Rev1.x , the second one for silicon Rev 2.x. You have to use wrk60d100 bsp for the new silicon.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

Luis,

twrk60d100 : even if I use a 512 version ?

Where did you find this information ?

Regards,

Yvan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, TWR-K60D100 uses  the same MCU than TWR-K60N512, but new silicon Revision.

TWR-K60N512 board is not available any more, tool for K60 (actual silicon) is TWR-K60D100.

Luis

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

OK, I'm modifying the BSP project and try it now !

Question : do you think the new BSP will be OK on older silicon revision chips ?

Yvan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

No, Rev 1.x twrk60n512, Rev 2.x twrk60d100. You have an AN with the differences between silicon's, the bsp is implementing the silicon changes and bug fix. It could work, but you would have to apply the changes manually according the revision you're running.

Luis

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

Thanks a lot Luis, it's working now !

But where can I can find this sort of information ? In the release note for MQX 4, I couldn't find it...

Yvan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Frankly speaking I am not sure where that information is.  It is the same for TWR-K40. K60 and K40 towers were the first boards available in the 100Mhz Kinetis family  and they were developed with the early silicon versions and they mounted several revisions. Old boards are not available anymore and the new ones are mounting latest silicon. For new designs is not an issue, but there are many old boards in the field and MQX maintain the support of both boards. From MQX point of view, it supports both boards part numbers without specifying the silicon version. As it is an information not clearly documented, this is the right place to know it J

Luis

yb
Contributor IV

Luis,

I've just tried my new project completely build with twrk60d100 and it's OK on 4N22D... but it's not working on an old mask chip, bugging in _bsp_initialize_hardware() asm function.

In your last email, you said "From MQX point of view, it supports both boards part numbers without specifying the silicon version"

Are you sure ?

Best regards,

Yvan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think it is a misunderstanding. I told you that K60N512 bsp is for Rev1.x and K60D100 is for Rev2.x.

What I meant is that MQX don't specify silicon version because only specify board names and that is the reason because you can't find silicon references in the MQX documentation (discussing about where to find the information) .

So it is correct, MQX supports both boards (K60N512 and K60D100) without specifying the silicon version (no info about silicon in documentation, only boards). But each BSP for each silicon. Same BSP will not work in Rev1.x and Rev2.x

Luis

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

For my customer, the problem is that a lot of its board were mounted with 4N30D silicon revision, the old one...

I will test the new BSP on a 4N30D mask this monday.

One time again, thanks Luis ;-)

Yvan

0 Kudos