cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI slave IRQ question- MQX 4.0, CW10.3

Jump to solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

I am attempting to use the MQX 4.0 SPI drivers. I want SPI slave operation that generated an interrupt when the SPI receive buffer is not empty. I did this with bare-metal code with no problems.

My questions:

-Using the SPI driver, how do I specify what generates the SPI interrupt?

-How do I set the interrupt vector table to use my SPI ISR?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

From MQX4.0 release notes:

SPI I/O Driver

The driver supports master mode of operation. If enabled in user configuration the SPI device drivers are installed during the BSP startup code as “spi0:” (or “spiX:” where X is index of the SPI module used). The SPI driver has been significantly rewritten in the MQX 4.0 and there is no distinct interrupt or polled driver type. See IO User Guide for details.

I guess this means I have to write my own SPI slave Interrupt driver. Oh well, more fun---

Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cavebiker
Contributor V

From MQX4.0 release notes:

SPI I/O Driver

The driver supports master mode of operation. If enabled in user configuration the SPI device drivers are installed during the BSP startup code as “spi0:” (or “spiX:” where X is index of the SPI module used). The SPI driver has been significantly rewritten in the MQX 4.0 and there is no distinct interrupt or polled driver type. See IO User Guide for details.

I guess this means I have to write my own SPI slave Interrupt driver. Oh well, more fun---

Cheers,

0 Kudos
lisa_tx
Contributor III

Hi Tom,

I started with MQX 3.8. I have implemented both SPI master and SPI slave with ISRs. Unfortunately my SPI slave code doesn't generate interrupt at all when I upgrade to MQX 4.0. I suspect that Release Notes means SPI I/O driver only supports master mode in MQX 4.0. I have posted my question in another thread at here:

https://community.freescale.com/message/311181#311181

0 Kudos