cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCS failed to initialize, error = 1136

Jump to solution
pmt
Contributor V

I've changed my reference BSP configuration to disable RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT, as I need support for multicast.  Unfortunately when I do this RTCS fails to initialize at run-time with error 1136 (I'm using MQX 4.0.1).   

The RTCS startup is somewhat convoluted so it's not easy to debug/troubleshoot but I gathered that this is an RTCSERR_OPEN_QUEUE_FAILED when calling RTCS_task_create().  Is there some run-time dependency I need to change?  I am running the "small_ram_config" defaults. 

Thanks,

PMT

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please do not change the RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT parameter (it is more for internal usage 0=MPUs, 1=MCUs).

If you need to enable a feature that is disabled, just use a configuration option that corresponds to it.

BTW:

In 4.1.0 the RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT will  disappear, to avoid this type of wrong settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please do not change the RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT parameter (it is more for internal usage 0=MPUs, 1=MCUs).

If you need to enable a feature that is disabled, just use a configuration option that corresponds to it.

BTW:

In 4.1.0 the RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT will  disappear, to avoid this type of wrong settings.

0 Kudos
pmt
Contributor V

Andrey,

Good info.  In user.config.h I re-enabled RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT and added RTCSCFG_ENABLE_IGMP, and this seemed to take care of the issue.

My board is a derivation from the original K60 tower BSP with lots more memory.  Are you saying even then I should leave RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT enabled, and simply pick the services I need?

Thanks,

PMT

0 Kudos
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT" is "mistake of nature".

>>Are you saying even then I should leave RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT enabled, and simply pick the services I need?

Yes.

0 Kudos