Processor Expert Files Missing from MQX 4.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Files Missing from MQX 4.2.0

danieldelatorre
Contributor IV

Ok so I'm in the process of porting over a BSP to a custom board although the old way of doing it no longer works...

I have done this in the past by simply getting a previous process expert file from "mqx\build\<IDE&COMPILER OF CHOICE>\<previous - e.g., twrk60f120 board>\ProcessorExpert.pe and I would then hack that via processor expert for my specific board.  This was pretty straight forward and easy although much has changed...

I have downloaded the latest Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) v3.0.  I have been able to import the twrk60f120 project and run/debug from my linux box which was kind of neat; I think its cool that I can use a free toolchain now, I have exclusively used IAR in the past for my freescale ( oops, I meant to say NXP :smileyhappy: ) MK6X projects.  So I'm at the point where I just need to get twrk60f120 processor expert file into KDS v3.0 so that I can customize my BSP for MQX 4.2.0 although I'm completely lost now.  I understand that you guys have this "Online SDK" builder although that doesn't support MK60F family.  I was able to create a processor expert project, as seen below, for just the MK60FN1M although I think this means I have to now manually insert all of the settings as opposed to only changing settings that I know are different from the twrk60f board.  It seems that this processor project that I created is not MQX aware, I didn't see anything in the processor expert creation wizard that hinted this was for mqx.

We made minor changes to the clocks so most of everything will remain the same.  Anyways I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance, Thanks!

Hardware - bsp_twrk60f120m-User_Config-user_config.h - Kinetis Design Studio _001.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately the MQX 4.2 doesn't have bsp projects with PE enabled for the KDS, I suggest to use the PE standalone tool in order to generate code and copy the needed functions.

The file you need to change is bsp_cm.h.

In general yo need to follow the below steps:

1. Please check the bsp_cm.c file located at the path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\source\bsp\<board_name>

2. Localize the void _bsp_initialize_hardware(void) function

3. Modify this function according your needs.

Please let me know if this helps

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos