Problems in SDCard interface for TWRK60N512 SCH-26548 REV D

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in SDCard interface for TWRK60N512 SCH-26548 REV D

Akshaya_Mukund
Contributor I

I am able to run the default SDCard example project, however when I try running the an application which uses a similar interface my project crashes at the fopen() stage.

I was able to run my application earlier with another uSDCard but I am not able to reproduce that behavior with any other SDCard. I have noticed some mention in the Errata about the IR Receiver circuit causing some interference and also that while using SDCards in this revision it helps to Lock the SDCard and also disconnect the J16 jumper, but neither solution works for me. Does anyone have any clue about these problems. Could it have anything to do with the SDCard clock speed ?

I am using MQX 3.7. I kind of stuck with this since the orignal application used 3.7 and migrating my application changes to 3.8 will take a while.

PS: I tried reducing the clock speed as well but to no avail.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi Akshaya,

I would say that Dave's advice is good advice. I had a similar problem in the TWR-MPC5125 with MQX 3.7.0. When I upgraded to MQX 3.8.0 the SD interface started working properly. The only remaining issue is that the MQX 3.8.0 driver doesn't seem to support large SD cards. I'm successfully using the 2GB cards but am unable to use the higher capacity cards. Since 2GB is plenty for what I need I haven't taken the time to discover where the size boundary is or what the actual problem is. Hope this helps.

~Tim

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Akshaya,

It is possible the speed too fast.  Have you tried lowering it?

Also many improvements to SDCard driver (and other drivers too) has been made.

Before you experiment too much probably worth trying the most up-to-date MQX4.0.x to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos