Problem to change transceiver (LAN8710A)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to change transceiver (LAN8710A)

Jump to solution
edgarsevilla
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a project with ethernet aplications running in a Tower System, and works perfectly.

I'm trying to move this sfotware to a custom board (Kinetis K60X256 with LAN8710A ethernet transceiver).

The BSP was modified in order to use phy_lan8710 instead of phy_ksz8041.

Plug/unplug data cable can be detected, but for one reason, transmit or receive information is not possible. And the problem is that RTCS API don't return any error in the initialization.

Does anyone know what else is needed to jump-start the ethernet driver?

Thanks for your help

Edgar Sevilla

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
edgarsevilla
Contributor II

I found what is the likely cause. We are working with MII Option

I removed from ENET_default_params the option ENET_OPTION_RMII and it works right now.

Regards,
Edgar Sevilla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deekshap
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working on Ethernet PHY module with RMII interface, on my evaluation board there is ksz8091rnb PHY chip which works fine when configured as dhcp client and using that IP address for ping test gives me a success result. Similar way if I try to test it on my Custom board where the PHY chip used is lan8710a I am facing issue in the driver code. 

@edgarsevilla you mentioned that you modified the BSP in order to use phy_lan8710 instead of phy_ksz8041. Can you please share the working drive code for lan8710a chip. 

It would be of great help!

Deeksha P

0 Kudos
edgarsevilla
Contributor II

I found what is the likely cause. We are working with MII Option

I removed from ENET_default_params the option ENET_OPTION_RMII and it works right now.

Regards,
Edgar Sevilla

0 Kudos
hongtranduc
Contributor II

Hello,

Which clock source you used for LAN8710A, sync from kinetis mcu or from external oscillator?

-Hong

0 Kudos
edgarsevilla
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using an external oscillator (25 MHz).

Regards,

Edgar Sevilla

0 Kudos