cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHY Interface for K60

davidboyd
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm designing hardware that interfaces a K60P100M100 MCU with an Ethernet physical interface.  I am looking for a reference design that includes the connection details of the PHY chip (such as a KSZ8041NL) to the K60, including the optimal configuration for clocks etc....  Probably an RMII rather than MII interface.

The TWR-SER board has lots of superfluous links and configuration options which I'm finding confusing as a reference design.  For example I don't believe I would need the NB2304 clock distribution chip if both the MCU and PHY are running from a single 50MHz clock.

Some references have also indicated that the RMII mode is preferred as there is overlap on some devices with the JTAG interface.

Can anyone point me to a schematic for this already done on the same PCB?  Help appreciated.

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mehmetekici
Contributor II

David,

There is only one pin multiplexed between JTAG and RMII_RXER. Pin 39 JTAG_TRST , RMII_RXER. RMII_RXER is optional pin for RMII interface and JTAG_TRST is optional for JTAG. I think you can use whatever funtion you like. There is an errata for some slicon version for RXER too.

I suggest you to check TWR-K60N512 kit reference. I have started a new design similar to one you have. I use K60N512.

Mehmet

0 Kudos

Mohsin455
Contributor IV

Do check that if you are going to use USB, you will need the K60 to be running at 96MHz as the USB requires a clock of 48 MHz.

In the above setup the MII interface would require a separate clock. Not sure about RMII clock requirement, so do check on this.

Mohsin

0 Kudos