Network cable needs to be detached at startup?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network cable needs to be detached at startup?

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi all, I have a customer with a problem that I have not been able to duplicate. The network cable may not be connected while the unit is powered up else no network communications are available. Once the unit is powered up, the network cable may be plugged in and network communications work properly. These units use a static IP address read from an onboard SD card. So far as I know, this is the only facility to experience this.

The product is using MQX 3.8.1.1 with RTCS upgraded to 4.0.2 by Freescale techs to fix some other problems. The processor is the MPC-5125 and I am using Code Warrior for Mobile GT 9.2. At least one time I logged an error by the MQX function "ipcfg_bind_staticip()". Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim:

From your description, it seems that the static IP address is not bound successful at startup. Can you check the real ip address when this issue happens?  Which error returns from ipcfg_bind_staticip?

I guess it the Ethernet  device is not initialized successfully when you execute ipcfg_bind_staticip.

Have a great day,

Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi Daniel

This product currently just logs a failure of ipcfg_bind_staticip() and does not report the error number. I will change that, but for now all I get is the fact that the function failed. This failure hasn't been reported yet by other users of this product and I am unable to duplicate it here in the office. The customer is sure that the IP address they are using doesn't conflict with any other devices. I asked them to try a different IP address and they reported the same results. If they start the product with the network cable disconnected all is well, if the cable is attached to the network we get the failure to bind.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this or what reasons (associated with the connected cable) could cause ipcfg_bind_staticip() to return fail. Am hoping to avoid a firmware update at the customers facility just for the purpose of gathering more info about the failure. Thanks for your reply Daniel, I appreciate it!

Best,

Tim

0 Kudos