Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NanoSSL available for Kinetis ?

Jump to solution
yb
Contributor IV

Hi,

My customer bought the NanoSSL package to use on K60.

I'm trying to add it to our actual project but this package seems to be only for ColdFire target (the library file is compiled for CF and is refused by my Kinetis compiler / linker).

Is a solution exist to use NanoSSL on Kinetis ? Perhaps there is an other download for Kinetis ?

Yvan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yvan BOURNE:

Unfortunately NanoSSL patch for MQX doesn't support Kinetis platforms yet. It is only for MQX and ColdFire.

This work on Kinetis support is in progress. Availability date can't be estimated as there is 3rd party partner (Mocana) involved.

There is an open source CyaSSL alternative that works on Kinetis and MQX already.

Topics about memory footrpint of this software are on the internet, for example:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yassl/forums/forum/439591/topic/3775747

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
danieldelatorre
Contributor IV

Can you guys ask Mocana about this?  I'm currently waiting on my AE to get back to me on this because we want to use the k64 on a large volume product.

0 Kudos
jonny
Contributor I

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I have nanossl working with the K60 and MQX 4.0. You are much better using cyassl however as its fully supported by them (and theyre quite friendly!). Also I found that the ram usage was too high for my application so we had to drop it, although im sure its the same with cyassl as stated above.

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yvan BOURNE:

Unfortunately NanoSSL patch for MQX doesn't support Kinetis platforms yet. It is only for MQX and ColdFire.

This work on Kinetis support is in progress. Availability date can't be estimated as there is 3rd party partner (Mocana) involved.

There is an open source CyaSSL alternative that works on Kinetis and MQX already.

Topics about memory footrpint of this software are on the internet, for example:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yassl/forums/forum/439591/topic/3775747

Have a great day,
Daniel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

Daniel,

I've used CyaSSL to test it and it's OK. Juste a lot of RAM when using SSL (SMTP and POP), but I think it's normal.

Yvan