cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum I2C buffer size for "fwrite"?

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hiya,

This was originally in the MFS board - sorry about that, the placement was inappropriate. 

I'm doing some I2C writes to an OLED display and it seems that the maximum number of bytes I can write is 64 using the interrupt based I2C driver.

Reading the IO Drivers User Guide, I should be looking for the <device>_I2C_INIT_STRUCT and I found it defined in i2c_ki2c.h BUT the RX & TX Buffer sizes are defined as TX_BUFFER_SIZE & RX_BUFFER_SIZE.

Doing a bit of digging, I did find the value for the I2C RX & TX _BUFFER_SIZE macros in twrk60n512.h (I'm using a TWR60N512 for this stage of development).

Is there any reason why I can't change the _BUFFER_SIZE values for the I2C port I want to use, rebuild the libraries and go forth, fat dumb and happy?

Just as an update on the original request, I have changed the constant values in twrk60n512.h to 256 (from 64) and test out the I2C operation and now I can send data strings that are longer than 64 (63 actually) bytes.  It seems to work okay but I still want to ask is there anything that I should watch for?

Thanx,

myke

0 Kudos
1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Myke,

What you are doing is fine. 

The "#define BSP_I2C0_TX_BUFFER_SIZE (64)" is just part of a default setting.

The MQX Developers basically tune the enter RTOS to best fit the specific device resources.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos