Making a minimalist BSP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a minimalist BSP

Darkn3ss
Contributor II

Hi, I've been learning MQX for about two weeks now when I have the time to work with a demo board.

My hardware designer is designing a board for me to use, and working on a custom BSP for it, there is a ton of the canned code that I would like to just eliminate, and then initialize what I want into MQX as I want it and have more control over the hardware.

Has anyone else tried doing the same and having really just a minimalist BSP where it is really just MQX itself, and all of the peripheral initializations are done by the programmer?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

geoffW
Contributor III

Hi

Sorry I dont have an answer for your question, but I was also interested in how small a basic MQX image is with the configuration options removing most of the additional functionality.

I am specifiially interested in what is the minimum size of an MQX image that contails just a USB host function. I am contemplating using that to make a boot loader that can update an APP from a usb memory stick. Anyone hazard a quess at what a V2 52259 image size could be crunched down too ?

Geoff

Message Edited by geoffW on 2009-12-10 11:47 AM
0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Geoff,

There is no need to run MQX for your boot loader, you can simply boot to your own code, then boot MQX (start with the MQX file vectors.c, you will see where to call your boot loader function)

This way you can use the USB example code (none MQX based). If you like I can email you an old version that someone else posted a while back, just drop me an email and I will reply with the code carl@edsengineering.com.au

Carl.

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Haven´t done it yet but it is on my to do list.

I´m hoping to complete in December.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos