cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX support for K26

Jump to solution
thomasolenik
Contributor III

Does anyone have MQX working with a K26 yet? Specifically, I want to use the K26FN2M0VMD180. The K26 does not seem to be directly supported or I am just having trouble finding the support. I'm using KDS with KSDK 1.2, but have also looked in KSDK 1.3. I have successfully built a project for the K64. The K26 device does not show up in ...\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_mqx_lib\kds. I think that's what I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a project that I would really like to use the K26. I need 2x CAN, SDHC, and 2x SPI in a really small package. The K26 seems like a good match, but would really like to use MQX as well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Do you meaning after you add the SPI component , when build , it have  error ?

After you add component ,please configure it until there is no error on the component inspector,

then click the generate code button :

pastedImage_0.png, then build the project.

I also test on KDS3.1 + KSDK1.3, add SPI , then configure it to DMA, there is no error,  please see the attchment .

Below is the steps i create the project :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

configure the UART refer to your requirement :

pastedImage_4.png

after change to DMA mode , please configure the fsl_edma :

pastedImage_5.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

Use the KDS3.0 +KSDK1.3, you can use the SDK-MQX for the K26 chip :

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
thomasolenik
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I tried this, but get an error at build time. I am trying to use MQX standard.  Here is a screenshot of the initial error:

K26MakeError.PNG

Here is the console output:

21:32:38 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project K26-MP-CDL ****

make all

'Building target: K26-MP-CDL.elf'

'Invoking: Cross ARM C++ Linker'

arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall  -g3 -T "C:/Users/Tom/workspace.kds/K26-MP-CDL/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/ProcessorExpert.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -L"C:/Users/Tom/workspace.kds/K26-MP-CDL/Project_Settings/Linker_Files" -Wl,-Map,"K26-MP-CDL.map" -lgcc -lc -lsupc++ -lm -specs=nosys.specs -nostartfiles -Xlinker -z -Xlinker muldefs -Xlinker -static -o "K26-MP-CDL.elf"  ./Static_Code/System/PE_low_level_init.o  ./Sources/Events.o ./Sources/main.o ./Sources/os_tasks.o ./Sources/rtos_main_task.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/strings/strings.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/buf_prv.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/err.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fclose.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fflush.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fopen.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fp_prv.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fread.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/fwrite.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/get.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/pos.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/print.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/print_prv.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/put.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/scan.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/scan_prv.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx_stdlib/source/stdio/stdio.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/string/str_utos.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/string/strnlen.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/core/M4/boot.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/core/M4/dispatch.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/core/M4/support.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/compiler/gcc_arm/comp.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/cortex.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_gkis.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_kisr.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_pvta.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_unx.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_vtab.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/int_xcpt.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/ipsum.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/mem_copy.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/mem_zero.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/nvic.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_dati.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_gelms.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_hoti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_iinit.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_mat1.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_mat2.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_mat3.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_miti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_msti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_mstiq.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_nsti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_psti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_seti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_supp.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tiad.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tida.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tihr.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_timn.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tims.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tinm.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tins.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tiol.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tipr.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tips.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tise.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tisu.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tius.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_tkti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/psp_usti.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/sc_irdyq.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/stack_bu.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/stack_de.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/stack_st.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/src/errno.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/src/nio.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/src/nio_posix.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/src/nio_std_adpt.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/fs/fs_supp.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/drivers/nio_tty/src/nio_tty.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/drivers/nio_serial/src/nio_serial.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/drivers/nio_dummy/src/nio_dummy.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/event.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/idletask.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/inittask.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/int.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/klog.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/log.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwevent.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwlog.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwmem.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwmsgq.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwsem.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/lwtimer.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/mem.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/mqx.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/msg.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/msgpool.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/msgq.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/mutex.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/name.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/partition.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/queue.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/sched.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/sem.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/task.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/taskq.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/time.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/timer.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/tlsf.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/tlsf_adaptation.o ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/kernel/watchdog.o  ./SDK/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/bsp/init_bsp.o  ./SDK/platform/utilities/src/fsl_debug_console.o ./SDK/platform/utilities/src/fsl_misc_utilities.o ./SDK/platform/utilities/src/print_scan.o  ./SDK/platform/system/src/interrupt/fsl_interrupt_manager.o  ./SDK/platform/system/src/hwtimer/fsl_hwtimer.o ./SDK/platform/system/src/hwtimer/fsl_hwtimer_systick.o  ./SDK/platform/system/src/clock/MK26F18/fsl_clock_MK26F18.o  ./SDK/platform/system/src/clock/fsl_clock_manager.o ./SDK/platform/system/src/clock/fsl_clock_manager_common.o  ./SDK/platform/osa/src/fsl_os_abstraction_mqx.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/uart/fsl_uart_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/sim/MK26F18/fsl_sim_hal_MK26F18.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/sdhc/fsl_sdhc_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/rtc/fsl_rtc_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/port/fsl_port_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/osc/fsl_osc_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/mpu/fsl_mpu_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/mcg/fsl_mcg_hal.o ./SDK/platform/hal/src/mcg/fsl_mcg_hal_modes.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/lpuart/fsl_lpuart_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/gpio/fsl_gpio_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/flexcan/fsl_flexcan_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/edma/fsl_edma_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/dspi/fsl_dspi_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/hal/src/dmamux/fsl_dmamux_hal.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/uart/fsl_uart_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/uart/fsl_uart_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/sdhc/fsl_sdhc_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/sdhc/fsl_sdhc_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/rtc/fsl_rtc_common.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/mpu/fsl_mpu_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/mpu/fsl_mpu_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/lpuart/fsl_lpuart_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/lpuart/fsl_lpuart_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/gpio/fsl_gpio_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/gpio/fsl_gpio_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/flexcan/fsl_flexcan_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/flexcan/fsl_flexcan_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/edma/fsl_edma_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/edma/fsl_edma_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/dspi/fsl_dspi_common.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/dspi/fsl_dspi_edma_master_driver.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/dspi/fsl_dspi_edma_shared_function.o ./SDK/platform/drivers/src/dspi/fsl_dspi_edma_slave_driver.o  ./SDK/platform/devices/MK26F18/startup/gcc/startup_MK26F18.o  ./SDK/platform/devices/MK26F18/startup/system_MK26F18.o  ./SDK/platform/devices/startup.o  ./SDK/platform/composite/src/sdcard/fsl_sdhc_card.o  ./Generated_Code/BIT.o ./Generated_Code/Coms.o ./Generated_Code/Control.o ./Generated_Code/Cpu.o ./Generated_Code/DRV.o ./Generated_Code/GPIO_SPI.o ./Generated_Code/Init.o ./Generated_Code/Log.o ./Generated_Code/MainTask.o ./Generated_Code/Sense.o ./Generated_Code/TEMP_SPI.o ./Generated_Code/clockMan1.o ./Generated_Code/dmaController1.o ./Generated_Code/flexCAN0.o ./Generated_Code/flexCAN1.o ./Generated_Code/fsl_hwtimer1.o ./Generated_Code/fsl_mpu1.o ./Generated_Code/fsl_sdhc1.o ./Generated_Code/hardware_init.o ./Generated_Code/memoryCard1.o ./Generated_Code/mqx_ksdk.o ./Generated_Code/osa1.o ./Generated_Code/pin_mux.o ./Generated_Code/uart1.o  

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ./Geneated_Code/Cpu.o: No such file or directory

make: *** [K26-MP-CDL.elf] Error 1

21:33:00 Build Finished (took 22s.7ms)

I then right clicked on the project and ran code analysis. It found a lot of errors as shown below. Any ideas what might be happening?

codeErrors.PNG

0 Kudos
markkurönö
Contributor I

I seems to me you are hitting the 8192 character limit for the command line length. See this at the very end of your console output:

Thomas Olenik kirjoitti:

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ./Geneated_Code/Cpu.o: No such file or directory

make: *** [K26-MP-CDL.elf] Error 1

Note "Geneated_Code" instead of "Generated_Code".

This thread has a solution for the issue:

https://community.freescale.com/message/515245#515245

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

Have you add DMA component ?  While on my side , even though i add this component ,

it also can work well .

Which version of KDS do you use? Please use the latest one kDS3.0 and KSDK1.3 .

I attach my simple project , please test it on your side . You can also send you project to me , i test it

on my side . If your project can work well on my side , it maybe some update you have not install , then

we check which one .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
thomasolenik
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Thanks again for the quick reply. I am using KDS 3.1.0 and checked for updates just a few days ago. I'm now using KSDK 1.3 as well. Here is a full list of my installation details:

config.PNG

I do not see an attachment to your post, but I created another simple project on my own to test the theory. The simple project built correctly, but with a few warnings as shown:

K26warnings.PNG

Except for the essentials for an MQX project, I only added a single OS Task component prior to creating the PE code.

In regards to the DMA question, I have an fsl_dspi component with DMA mode enabled as shown below. I actually have two fsl_dspi components. One is using SPI0 and one is using SPI2.

DMAmode.PNG

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Do you meaning after you add the SPI component , when build , it have  error ?

After you add component ,please configure it until there is no error on the component inspector,

then click the generate code button :

pastedImage_0.png, then build the project.

I also test on KDS3.1 + KSDK1.3, add SPI , then configure it to DMA, there is no error,  please see the attchment .

Below is the steps i create the project :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

configure the UART refer to your requirement :

pastedImage_4.png

after change to DMA mode , please configure the fsl_edma :

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos
thomasolenik
Contributor III

Alice,

Thank you again. In this particular project, it doesn't seem to matter what components I have. There are not problems shown in the component inspector. I was able to successfully create and build another project, and was able to successfully build the project you provided. So, while I'm not sure why this project will not build, I think I am able to proceed with a new project. One thing I did notice when importing the project you provided is the uart source files are different from what are in the SDK, See below. The project still built correctly.

For now I'm just going to mark this correct and move on with creating a new project from scratch. I will make note of each step, and create a new question with the added detail if there is any problem.

I thank you for all your help.

Tom Olenik

fileCompare.PNG

0 Kudos