cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX stuck in BSP code...

Jump to solution
rickstuart
Contributor V

I started a thread here:MQX BSP code stuck on "Wait until external reference clock is selected as MCG output" on a Tower K7... ...about my code (well, Freescale MQX BSP code) getting stuck in a while loop waiting (it looks like) for hardware / clocks to become ready.  I figured it was the BSP so it was particular to the K70 board/processor.  But I see that others have talked about getting stuck in code here. So, just in case, I'm cross posting in case anyone here in MQX land can point me in the right direction.  I really would like to get this problem solved quickly.

-thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rick,

If you are using a Freescale board and you double checked the jumper configurations like Luis Casado mentioned, then maybe something in the BSP was modified and this is the issue.

Could you please try the following test?

• Build again all the libraries (bsp, psp, etc)
  • Create a new MQX project in your PC
  • Build and download this new project to your board.
  • Run the project.

If this doesn’t work, please try uninstalling and installing again MQX, this is in order to have a clean BSP.

Build all the libraries and try again with a new MQX project.
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rick,

If you are using a Freescale board and you double checked the jumper configurations like Luis Casado mentioned, then maybe something in the BSP was modified and this is the issue.

Could you please try the following test?

• Build again all the libraries (bsp, psp, etc)
  • Create a new MQX project in your PC
  • Build and download this new project to your board.
  • Run the project.

If this doesn’t work, please try uninstalling and installing again MQX, this is in order to have a clean BSP.

Build all the libraries and try again with a new MQX project.
Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rickstuart
Contributor V

Follow up.  I do not have control over the modifications (if any) to the MQX libraries for this project.  What I did was to set all the software aside and pulled in fresh software from Freescale and compiled the HelloWorld example.  That worked.  It printed out "Hello World".  And I was able to break on the once offending line.

I then grabbed a newer copy of the common software for this project which includes the MQX code.  That worked as well.  So, I figure I was unlucky and grabbed the common code when someone was in the middle of messing with it the first go around.

0 Kudos