Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX porting

Jump to solution
miodragkostic
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm new in MQX and CW. I have inherited project based on MK64FN1M0VLQ12 and MQXv3.7 with MFS/FFS,USB host  and RTCS features.

Current version of MQX is 4.2, so the question is, should I port my project to MQX4.2 ?, what would be the advantage? and potential problems?

I have also read about USB_v2, so can I use my current USB host code with the new compiled library for USB_v2 ?

Regards

Miodrag

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Miodrag,

If you are using the K64 and MQX 3.7 then I suppose you cloned the BSP for your board.  MQX 4.2 supports K64 device and you can use the twrk64f120m BSP.

USB-v2 supports the K64 device.New USB Unified stack is designed to replace the legacy USB stack in MQX RTOS, it has an OSA layer so that it can support different operating systems, like MQX RTOS, bare metal or other RTOS (like, FreeRTOS or μCos in KPSDK). Some new features are included and the architecture is improved to fix some issues which are hard to fix in the old stack. You need to migrate your application to the USB_v2.

Some drives were changed between MQX4.2 and MQX 3.7; RTCS stack was extended by IPv6 protocol support; some board support packages were removed from the release; some drivers were added and some bugs were fixed. For more details, please check the below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXCHLGUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%...

Because of these changes it is probably you will need to re-write some parts of code.

MQX 3.7 is no longer supported. So I suggest you migrate t the new MQX release.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Miodrag,

If you are using the K64 and MQX 3.7 then I suppose you cloned the BSP for your board.  MQX 4.2 supports K64 device and you can use the twrk64f120m BSP.

USB-v2 supports the K64 device.New USB Unified stack is designed to replace the legacy USB stack in MQX RTOS, it has an OSA layer so that it can support different operating systems, like MQX RTOS, bare metal or other RTOS (like, FreeRTOS or μCos in KPSDK). Some new features are included and the architecture is improved to fix some issues which are hard to fix in the old stack. You need to migrate your application to the USB_v2.

Some drives were changed between MQX4.2 and MQX 3.7; RTCS stack was extended by IPv6 protocol support; some board support packages were removed from the release; some drivers were added and some bugs were fixed. For more details, please check the below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXCHLGUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%...

Because of these changes it is probably you will need to re-write some parts of code.

MQX 3.7 is no longer supported. So I suggest you migrate t the new MQX release.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos