cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX not integrated in TWR-MPC8309

gal_afel
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I bought a TWR-MPC8309, with the MPC830x-TLCD, the TWR-ELEV and the TWR-SER2 boards. I'm new to the Tower System, MQX and the Power Architecture. The documentation is for MQX 3.7.0, although the folder included in the DVD is "Freescale MQX 3.8 830x EAR3". The board included an Errata Flyer which says: "MQX not integrated into on-board software image". What does this mean exactly? Can I program MQX applications and run them on this board? If not, what do I need to do or what documentation can you recommend me in order to integrate MQX into on-board software image?

I read something in the MQX Release Notes for this board (which I attach) about "Using U-Boot to load and execute in SDRAM". It says that MQX binary images can be loaded into flash using U-Boot. Are this the binary images of a specific MQX project created for an application or are they the software image which the Errata says aren't implemented? If the case is the second, how do I generate the binary file uboot_d.bin mentioned there? The document says "Configure your CodeWarrior project to generate a binary image." But which is this project? (If the case is the second). I checked all the documentation included about MQX and haven't found anything about this.

I'm desperate for any help, which would be greatly appreciated. Please excuse my ignorance. As I said, I'm a newbie.

Regards,

Gal

0 Kudos
4 Replies

rick101
Contributor III

Hi Gal

Looking forward to your results, we plan to use TWR-P1025 and possibly the TWR-MPC8309..... but can not try at the moment. I plan to replace uboot or modify it as we need very fast boot time... If I get any useful info I'll post back

Cheers Rick

0 Kudos

Jeinstei
Contributor II

As an FYI, on the board that we had, the USB debugger was disconnected, even though it was on the board, and we were having an awful time with the JTAG debugger. I don't know if you'll run into this issue, but the USB BDM port is inactive, and I'd love to hear what was necessary to get the JTAG working if you did.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

gal_afel
Contributor I

Hi Jeinstei,

Thank you for your answer. The Errata Flyer specified "OSJTAG firmware is not implemented". There is a MCU Firmware included in the Getting Started DVD. I assumed it was the OSJTAG and installed it on the board following the instructions in the 'programming JF' video using a P&E USB BDM Multilink ( http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USBMULTILINKBDM# ) connected to the BDM header of the board.

Also, remember that the configuration switch SW3 on the board must be set to ON to enable USB2 Full-Speed port OSJTAG debugging. Maybe you didn't have it set correctly and that's why you couldn't use the USB debugger. I haven't used this port yet, but I hope this helps you to solve the problem.

Have you programed a MQX application on this board? How did you solve the problem that I mentioned about MQX not being integrated into on-board software image? I built all MQX libraries (BSP, PSP, MFS, RTCS, USB, SHELL), but when I try to Make the hello_twrmpc8309.mcp Hello World project, I get a Link Error: "undefined '_io_gpio_install' Referenced from '_bsp_enable_card' in twrmpc8309_d.a" Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks and regards,

Gal

0 Kudos

ruizhengxin
Contributor II

Hi Gal,

I'm also be puzzled about the u-boot run MQX image, FSL's document is not clear about it.

Is your problem sovled? Can you tell me how to generate the binary file uboot_d.bin.

Another question is do you get the 8309's BSP for MQX?

I get a document named "MPC8306/9 Release 2 for Freescale MQX™ RTOS 3.7.0",

but in the MQX release version(3.7 or 3.8), the BSP is not included.

Thank you very much,

Zhengxin

0 Kudos