cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX and MPU

Jump to solution
salerio
Contributor I

Does anyone know if the current version of MQX (3.5 i think) supports the MPU in the Kinetis Cortex M4 devices. I would like if possible to segregate some tasks stacks from each other in my application.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ColoPaul
Contributor II

Actually, the current version is 3.8.0;  I've heard rumors that a 3.8.1 beta exists.

There is no support for the MPU.   Maybe it is coming?

In the release notes for 3.8.0 there is the following text:

The CortexM PSP (Kinetis kernel) has been modified to be able to create tasks running in user (restricted) mode. The lightweight memory management, dynamic task creation, lightweight semaphore, event and message API functions were implemented to operate from user mode. This is an experimental prototype of the feature available for K60 and IAR build tools only in this version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColoPaul
Contributor II

Actually, the current version is 3.8.0;  I've heard rumors that a 3.8.1 beta exists.

There is no support for the MPU.   Maybe it is coming?

In the release notes for 3.8.0 there is the following text:

The CortexM PSP (Kinetis kernel) has been modified to be able to create tasks running in user (restricted) mode. The lightweight memory management, dynamic task creation, lightweight semaphore, event and message API functions were implemented to operate from user mode. This is an experimental prototype of the feature available for K60 and IAR build tools only in this version.

0 Kudos