Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX USB Device - CW10.1 using the Kenetis K40 - Composite Class

Jump to solution
accutime
Contributor III

Hello

Documentation and code warrior examples seems typically poor regarding the USB Device Software

I was wondering if anybody has had success in a Composite Class USB Device using the following classes :-

HID   - (keyboard)

CDC - (serial comms)

MSD - (mass storage) 

If so could anybody please supply code examples

A second question is it possible to have 2 or 3 CDC in the same USB Device. ie USB to 3 serial ports

Thanks in advance

Paul H

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Teckna
Contributor V

Hi Paul,

Here is the answer I received to a service request I opened few weeks ago:

Spoiler
We have to say that our USB device stack is not ready for dual functionalities. There is not only one issue or potentional risk (must be investigated) in the USB device stack + USB device classes that can lead to disfunctionality. We have never tried 2 instances of one device at the same time in MQX. This will be investigated and try to find the solutions. Unfortunately we can not give a resolution date for this.

My application should have two virtual serial ports on a single USB device. At this time the enumeration process is ok, the first port works fine, but the second one cannot be opened (for example in Hyperterminal).

Teckna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teckna
Contributor V

Hi Paul,

Here is the answer I received to a service request I opened few weeks ago:

Spoiler
We have to say that our USB device stack is not ready for dual functionalities. There is not only one issue or potentional risk (must be investigated) in the USB device stack + USB device classes that can lead to disfunctionality. We have never tried 2 instances of one device at the same time in MQX. This will be investigated and try to find the solutions. Unfortunately we can not give a resolution date for this.

My application should have two virtual serial ports on a single USB device. At this time the enumeration process is ok, the first port works fine, but the second one cannot be opened (for example in Hyperterminal).

Teckna

0 Kudos
Fabi
Contributor III

I'm trying to implement composite USB device having CDC plus MST. Does anybody know, if the answer from Spoiler is also vaild for MQX 3.8?

0 Kudos