MQX Task scheduling with timer task and MQX Watchdog.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Task scheduling with timer task and MQX Watchdog.

mrandreas
Contributor III

Regarding the Timer component and it's preemption with other Task's. 

I have several tasks "ready" with almost the same priority and with sliced timer. I also have a timer component (_timer_create_component) modified to also be sliced timer. For all the task's I have a MQX SW Watchdog.

All the task's behave as expected with the "time sliced". When I introduce a indefinite loop in one of the task's, the other task's are allowed to execute and feed the SW Dog and eventually the corrupted task will timeout and call the MQX watchdog callback (as expected). But when introducing a indefinite loop in timer callback of the "timer component" the other task's will execute a few times and then the HW watchdog will eventually kick in. I don't get the SW MQX watchdog callback from the "Timer Task" (timer component). 

How can I debug Task scheduling with Keil? Is there a run-time debug "window" for the task swapping like with freemaster? And what have I misunderstood with the timer task and it not being timer sliced?

(I'm using K60 CPU w keil and ulinkpro w trace support)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mrandreas:

As far as I know, keil uses simple debugger (which do not support multi task debugging )  and adding multi task switching  to TAD without debugger support presents very difficult task. So I recommend to change to some proper debugger which supports multi task debugging, like CW, IAR,KDS

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos