cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX & KwikStik

Jump to solution
Tommy44
Contributor III

Where can I find this file FSLMQXOS_3_7_0_KwikStik_Patch.exe?  It's mentioned in the KwikStik Demo Lab documentation, but a search of the site came up empty.  I'm hoping that is the reason for the 27 fatal errors the IAR compiler generates after I follow the instructions in the KwikStik Demo Lab documentation file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It was just uploaded, you can find it here: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FSLMQXOS_3_7_0_KWIKSTIK_PATCH 

Sorry for the delay in getting it out, I know how frustrating it has to be. We will also have CW10.1 demo projects shortly, as well as updated demo code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
vsfs
Contributor I

Same problem here.

Cant find FSLMQXOS_3_7_0_KwikStik_Patch.exe for download.

Please help !

VS

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

Maybe I'm some kind of oddball, but I expect sample programs given out with a new product to actually work.  I got the KwikStik about a month ago, there was NO source code at all packed with it, just links to compilers and assemblers.  I could have waded through a few thousand pages of documentation to find out why one LED was flashing, but usually there's an easier way.  Sure, I could have had the Kinetis chip manual, the spec sheet on the LCD if I could find the vendor, and the compiler documents all open and hope I got the timing right so I didn't destroy the LCD, or I could use a library function.  OOPS, there weren't any.  I had downloaded and installed IAR for ARM, 6.1.  I chose IAR because I have used it successfully in the past with MSP430 chips.  I put the whole project on the back burner and pretty well forgot about it.  Yesterday I see Freescale finally released the demo code and a nice .pdf explaining it.  I downloaded and installed MQX 3.7, unpacked the samples and told IAR to compile the demo. 54 fatal errors later I noticed that IAR told me it seemed to be written for a newer version,  So I find version 6.2 of IAR kickstart, download and install it and only get 27 fatal errors.  A file, MK40X256VMD100.h turns up in some of the error messages, saying it can't be found.  Between IAR 6.2 and MQX 3.7, SIX copies of that file are installed in various locations, but it still can't be found?  Is the missing patch file for MQX to blame?  Freescale and IAR need to get together and settle on a level of compiler and OS that work together.

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

I had considered the possibility that the downloadable version of MQX might have been patched already, but that is not the case.  We do need that patch file, wherever it's hiding.  With the demo project loaded into IAR workbench, open the MQX libraries, then double click of one of the BSP files.  They reference libraries that just aren't there.  We need that patch file.

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It was just uploaded, you can find it here: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FSLMQXOS_3_7_0_KWIKSTIK_PATCH 

Sorry for the delay in getting it out, I know how frustrating it has to be. We will also have CW10.1 demo projects shortly, as well as updated demo code.

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

Great news.  I did get the missing file and almost compiled the demo, buut it was just a tad large for KickStart.  Hopefully the CW version will work better.  psssst, I like CW better than IAR anyway.

0 Kudos
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KwikStik Demo has been updated to support CW10.1 here

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

OK, I give up.  I downloaded the patch files, started CW, selected add new software, etc. It took the first one, started it, then died after spewing "no archive found for...." messages for a few minutes, then refused to accept any more updates.  I un-installed CD and re-installed it.  Near the end of the re-install it asked for the "powerware cd".  No idea what that is.  Both updates took anyway, so I unpacked the demo code according to the instructions.  When I click on the hammer icon all I get is "no rule for...." etc, and a file that is right there can't be found.  I give up.  I'm building a bonfire in my yard, a few CDs & a QiukStik.  I just can't fight poorly written software any longer, or poorly written documentation.  The PDF sent with the demo code is confusing to say the least.

I'm going to stick with Microchip from now on.

0 Kudos
Letitia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tommy,

When trying to apply the patches for  CW MCU10.1 please uncheck "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" option.

This will ensure that only the site/archive selected is used and no other unaccesible locations are looked for.

It has been provided a premanent fix for this issue into CW MCU v10.1 Update 1.0.0

Regards,

Letitia

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III
OK, the issues I encountered, from the top: 1. Install CW 10.1. Why does it ask for the Powerware CD near the end of the install and how do I get around this? 2. Reading the KwikStik demo lab 0.2 pdf file for instructions I am told to download two patch files and leave them zipped and go to another document for instructions on installing them. That second document says to start by downloading yet another patch file called CW_UPDATES_MCU_10.1, referred to as the "Service Pack updater archive", Is this the one that's listed as a prerequisite for MQX 3.7 or another file someplace else? 3. After installing the first patch file CW tells me "duplicate location" when I try to install the second. Does each patch file need to be in a separate folder? 4. There is another file on the download page, a 200+ meg zip file called "CW_MCU_v10.1_Update_1.1.1.zip", do I need to install this or avoid it?
0 Kudos
Letitia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tommy,

1. Do you have any Powerware Software installed on your machine? If any, it might be a possible interaction between what you have configured  on your machine and the CW installer - we would need the details in order to try to reproduce and investigate.

2. All you need to install are two patches mentioned into KwikStik demo lab 0.2 pdf file: 

MCU v10.1 Compiler Update and  MCU v10.1 Kernel Awareness Update.

3.The two patches can be located in the same folder on your local disk.

Install the archives one by one, browsing to this folder, selecting the archives one by one and adding them into "Available Software Sites". Use the "Archive" option when selecting the packages.

All the selections you are making are kept into the "Work with" dropw-down list so to install them, you just need to navigate into that drop-down menu and select what you have just added into the previous step.

4. The "CW_MCU_v10.1 Update" package is a new general update for MCU10.1 and is optional in this particular case.

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

1>)  I have no "powerware" software that I know of.  A web search of "powerware" shows it to be related to uninterruptable power supply systems made by Eaton.  My UPS is an American Power Conversion model, but to be safe I'll disable it's monitoring software for a while.

2>)  Yesterday clicking the links in the pdf file took me to a download page with about 10 choices of what to download, today it goes straight to the files.  I hate when that happens.

I will give it one more try.

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

When I re-installed CW 10.1 and got the request for the Powerware CD I presed cancel.  The attachment is the grey box that popped up.  I tried a few ways to make it editable text I could paste in here, but my OCR software isn't that great.

0 Kudos
gustavod
Contributor III

Hi Tommy,

We have a project called BRTOS, an open-source RTOS. We made some demo code for KwikStik just for Codewarrior 10.1. Are you interested in trying our demo? If so, download the code here:

http://brtos.googlecode.com/files/BRTOS%201.6x%20K40.rar

Regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos