Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Ethernet Protocols for MCF523x

Jump to solution
Arev
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using a Freescale MCF523x and need to support the following Ethernet protocols

TCP/UDP/IP 

DHCP (RFC2131)

DiffServ (RFC2474)

DNS (RFC1034,RFC1035)

IGMP v2 (RFC2236)

NTP v3 (RFC1305)

VLAN (IEEE802.1Q)

Does MQX support these protocols for my platform.

Thanks for help

Bye,

<< Freescale MCF5234/35 with CodeWarrior 6.4 >>

0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SNTP is described in the RTCS User's Guide, with an overview in Section 5.12. The source is in <mqx_install>\rtcs\source\apps\sntp.c

There are also some examples of SNTP being used with the email demo used in MCF51CN128 Lab #3, and the source for that demo can be found in C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.3\demo\security_email

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SNTP is described in the RTCS User's Guide, with an overview in Section 5.12. The source is in <mqx_install>\rtcs\source\apps\sntp.c

There are also some examples of SNTP being used with the email demo used in MCF51CN128 Lab #3, and the source for that demo can be found in C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.3\demo\security_email

0 Kudos
cyborgnegotiato
Senior Contributor II

Hi !

supported protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, DHCP, IGMP (from original MQX sources), SNTP(RFC2030).

DiffServ, NTP, VLAN are not supported yet.

Message Edited by rav on 2009-03-18 10:02 PM
0 Kudos
cbursk
Contributor I

Hello,

Its mentioned in this post that SNTP is supported but I can't seem to find anything on it in the Freescale MQX RTOS Reference Manual.  I need to be able to create an NTP packet and hoping that I could leverage off what is already supported.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I
However, MQX and RTCS ports for all ColdFire devices and many Power Architecture devices are available from Embedded Access. Please contact Sales@Embedded-Access.com for further details.
0 Kudos