cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF54415 USB Clock setting

nitinkothari
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using MCF54415 custom built board with MQX and intend to use USB OTG on it.

However, I am facing USB clock setting issue. The problem is I cannot change OUTDIV4 bits in PLL Divider Register (PLL_DR).

I can see during dubug, in register PLL_DR the value is 0x00030460. But when I change it to 0x00070406, it remains the same even after execution of the PLL_DR = 0x00070406 command.

Any hints or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Nitin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nitin,

I am not sure which version of MQX that you are using, from the current MQX 4.1, I just found the BSP for MCF54418, and only two places modify that register, so I am suspecting if you just modified one place and the other still kept the old settings. Please kindly refer to the following for details.

1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nitin_kothari
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Thank you for the response.

We are using MQX 4.0.1 and we have the same settings as in the snap posted by you.

However, on reading the value of PLL_DR, we get OUTDIV4 = 3.

No matter at how many places we change the value of OUTDIV4, we always get 3.

Even in BSP, the value of OUTDIV4 is set to 7, but during debugging it shows 3.

Do I need to change anything else to change this value ?

Please let me know if you need more information over it.

Thanks for your time.

Nitin

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nitin,

As I just have TWR-MCF54418 on hand , so I just did simple test based that board, actually I found PLL_DR can be modified as any value as you mentioned, you know , RM says "The PLL_DR[OUTDIVn] fields can be changed during normal operation or when the device is in limp mode." so I tried that in both modes, DIV4 can be changed to 3 in any test, but I am not sure how you change PLL_DR, but I'd like to recommend changing PLL_DR under limp mode. Would you please help to clarify? Please kindly refer to the following for details.

Limp mode test:

1.png

Normal mode test:

2.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos