M52259EVB USB mass storage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52259EVB USB mass storage

Class_Five
Contributor II

I just started running the Web-Hvac lab on the M52259EVB, with DEMOCFG_ENABLE_USB_FILESYSTEM=1 to test the MQX mass storage handling. Everything else in the lab works fine, but it does not recognize the Freescale memory stick. In fact, it never sees a USB event when the stick is inserted or removed. The stick works fine in a PC, it gets power (its LED lights), and I've checked all the jumpers.

So my question is whether this part of the lab is really supposed to work? Is there anything other than the above define in hvac.h that needs to be set up? Should this part of MQX work right from the installation DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Ed_EmbeddedAcce
Contributor II

I've run the lab a number of times with a few different sticks and it works fine.  Make sure you have rebuild the USB library along with all the other libraries.  It definitely should work with the Freescale memory stick.

0 Kudos

Class_Five
Contributor II

I may have to rebuild the libraries as suggested. For now, it's helpful to know the HW works and we can at least test some USB functionality.

Thanks, everyone.

0 Kudos

geoffW
Contributor III

Hi

I havent tested on the 52259 board but on a similar board I found MQX is very poor regarding compatiblity with different memory sticks. I have tested about a dozen sticks so far, and only get about 50% to work.

I would suggest you grab a handful of random sticks and retest before you waste too much time on this

Regards Geoff

0 Kudos

Class_Five
Contributor II

Geoff-

Well, I went back to it and found some memory sticks that do indeed work. So 'incompatible' sticks do not generate an insertion event. My diagnosis was wrong...might be interesting to backtrack and see where the problem lies - if I can find some time.

0 Kudos

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We tested recently a lot of USB sticks in Freescale and we can tell that were <10% of USB sticks that were not supported on MCF52259EVB (not including special USB sticks as mobile phones, mp3 players etc). For those incompatible, bugfixes were done, so they are now supported.

For MCF54455EVB, the situation is worse and we are working further on it.

0 Kudos

Class_Five
Contributor II
Hi, Geoff. I did read about the compatibility issues. However, I think I may have a different problem. The USB task never receives an insertion or removal event, which would have to occur before it attempts to enumerate. I'm not sure if I have a defective EVB, or if there's an undocumented setting somewhere. I thought if anyone knew the lab just didn't work with the EVB, I wouldn't worry any more about it. I may have to get the DEMO kit to try it.
0 Kudos