cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 UART4 with HW-FlowControl

TobiasBystricky
Contributor III

Hello,

I try to enable the HW-FlowControl on UART4 on a K60DN512. Therefore I use the PE Component Init_UART. After initialising the component I open the device with fopen:

MODEMUART_Init(); <= PE init function

pfile = fopen("ittye:", (pointer)(IO_SERIAL_RAW_IO | IO_SERIAL_HW_FLOW_CONTROL | IO_SERIAL_TRANSLATION | IO_SERIAL_ECHO));

ioctl(pfile, IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_FLAGS, (pointer)(IO_SERIAL_RAW_IO | IO_SERIAL_HW_FLOW_CONTROL | IO_SERIAL_TRANSLATION | IO_SERIAL_ECO));

if (pfile == NULL) {

printf("Cannot open the other IO device\n");

}

for(;;){

write(pfile, "AT\n", 4);

_time_delay(1000);

}

Now I can see that there are some bits on the tx line of the UART4 but RTS and CTS lines are not working.

I found out that in the command function _kuart_polled_ioctl in the file serl_pol_kuart.c there is no implementation for the case IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_HW_SIGNAL. If I understand it right there is no implementation for HW-FlowControl for a UART in MQX. Is that right?

Does anyone have an example of using HW-FlowControl on a UART?

Thanks and regards

Tobias

Added PE component settings

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TobiasBystricky
Contributor III

PUSH!

Anyone an idea?

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Tobias Bystricky,

this might help you, there're more posts dedicated to HW FLOW control here on the forum :

Define &amp; control UART Signals (RTS / CTS / DTR / DTS)

Let us know :smileywink:

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

TobiasBystricky
Contributor III

Thanks! I've tried this but it doesn't work. Do you have a full source code implementing a interrupted UART Wirth hw-flow control?

0 Kudos

David_Wu
Contributor III

have the same issue - the solution is to add a call to setup the CTS/RTS function first in serl_pol_kuart.c (ioctl) which need to be implemented for the signal you are using - see _bsp_serial_rts_init( io_info_ptr->INIT.DEVICE ) - in you case INIT.DEVICE is 4 (UART4) - but the signal might be PTC12/PTC13 or others.

else if (*param_ptr & IO_SERIAL_HW_FLOW_CONTROL) {
         // RTS, CTS hw flow control
         /* get serial device index and set GPIO pin functionality to RTS */
         _bsp_serial_rts_init( io_info_ptr->INIT.DEVICE );
         sci_ptr->MODEM &= ~UART_MODEM_TXRTSE_MASK;
         sci_ptr->MODEM |= (UART_MODEM_RXRTSE_MASK | UART_MODEM_TXCTSE_MASK);
     }
0 Kudos