K20 with MQX, is there an MQX call that will set the RTC or does this have to be done with bit bashing registers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20 with MQX, is there an MQX call that will set the RTC or does this have to be done with bit bashing registers?

Jump to solution
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

We are using the MQX MFS system and USB driver and need the correct date and time on the file systems. We would like to set the time in the RTC module and retrieve it again on subsequent boots so that the file system times are correct. Can anyone suggest a best practice for setting the time for using the RTC please.

I noticed that when I create a new file, it has a created date of 01-Jan-80, but the correct date in the 'Modified' column. Is there a way to cause MQX or the MFS system to place the correct date on both aspects of the file system. I am using the _time_set(&time_struct) mqx call.

Thanks

Robert

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi David

That looks exactly like what we need.

I went to download mqx 4.0.2 but the download link says that it is an evaluation download.... can you explain what that means please?

Do I download the eval copy, then patch it up to 4.0.2.1 then to 4.0.2.2? I wouldn't like to build an eval into the project to have it timeout or corrupt at some point in the future.

I would have marked your answer as a solved solution but I looked all over the page for some button or method to do so but couldn't find one. Sorry.

Thanks for the help and responding

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

The MQX4_0_2/docs/mqx/MQXIOUG.pdf has following:

Chapter 15 RTC Driver

15.1 Overview

This section describes the Real Time Clock (RTC) driver that accompanies the MQX release. This driver

is a common interface for both RTC and Independent Real Time Clock (IRTC) peripheral modules.

The RTC driver implements custom API and does not follow the standard driver interface (I/O

Subsystem).

Lots of information there.

We also have example in the MQX4.0.2 using RTC:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0_2\mqx\examples\rtc

I think this will help you but I haven't played with it yet.

Regards,

David

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi David

That looks exactly like what we need.

I went to download mqx 4.0.2 but the download link says that it is an evaluation download.... can you explain what that means please?

Do I download the eval copy, then patch it up to 4.0.2.1 then to 4.0.2.2? I wouldn't like to build an eval into the project to have it timeout or corrupt at some point in the future.

I would have marked your answer as a solved solution but I looked all over the page for some button or method to do so but couldn't find one. Sorry.

Thanks for the help and responding

Robert

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert, no idea why the mqx4.0.2 download link is named that way. Just ignore, download, and do same with both patches.

I'll mention our web people to fix.

Happy Holidays,

David

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos