K20 MQX task "_mqx_init_task" doesn't start

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20 MQX task "_mqx_init_task" doesn't start

markkalior
Contributor II

K20 MQX doesn't run the _mqx_init_task.   MQX does have the task in its queue, but never runs it.   Why?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

Could you please add a screenshot of this issue?

In my opinion this is regarding the clock issue.

Regards

Have a great day,

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

I have some additional information;

MQX initializes System Tick Timer, but it doesn't count.  The System Tick Timer uses the Processor Clock.   I don't know what the MCG output is connected to the "Processor Clock" in the ARM core.  Thus, the System Tick Timer ISR never gets called.

I can tell you the processor is executing instructions and never stops, it clearly has clocks. 

So, how can the (ARM core) processor execute instructions, but the System Tick Timer (ARM core) doesn't see any clocks?   Aren't the ARM processor clock and the System Tick Timer clock source, "Processor Clock" that same?   Apparently not.

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

Sol;

What exactly are you looking for?   I set a breakpoint on "_mqx_init_task" and the code doesn't every break.   I can send you a screen shot, but it does seem very informative.   It spends all of its time "_sched_start_internal".   MQX Task Summary reports "_mqx_init_task" and "_mqx_idle_task".

Does the System Tick Timer require the use of RTC?

The IAR debugger shows me the SysTick Timer registers, but I don't see them in the K20P121M100F2V2RM manual.   Where are the SysTick Timer Register defined and discribed?

I can see the SysTick Timer is being initialized and started.

But, my breakpoint never triggers for "hwtimer_systick_isr()".

I am not surprised that its a clock problem, but I would like some help in idenitifing the problem.   I am running on the internal K20 clocks.

0 Kudos