Is there a method to install multiple versions of MQX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method to install multiple versions of MQX?

keno
Contributor II

I'm presently using MQX 4.1 and would like to migrate a project to the latest version MQX 4.1.1.

Is it possible to install the latest version without overwriting the previous version?  I'd like to compile the project with the new version and perform some testing on it before I commit to changing it over.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken Overly,

In my experience, you can rename the current MQX folder, when you install the new version of MQX, a new folder is created. To return to the previous version you can simply delete the new folder and to give back the old folder to the original name.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keno
Contributor II

Sol,

Thanks for your reply.  It is a little cumbersome but I'm following your method and renaming the installation folder depending on which MQX version I want to use.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Teckna
Contributor V

Hi Ken,

You can even modify the MQX_ROOT_DIR variable in the project options, without renaming the folders.

Teckna

0 Kudos