cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MQX being discontinued???

Jump to solution
dave408
Senior Contributor II

When I read the KSDK 2.0 release notes, it sounded like MQX wasn't going to be supported.  Well, I just looked at the "Kinetis Expert" tool today and saw that MQX is only an option if building a KSDK based on 1.3, but not 2.0.

Can anyone at NXP confirm?

Tags (3)
1 Solution
Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dave,

Actually there are plans in the works to not only port MQX to future processors but to continue maintaining and enhancing the MQX Platform. The details are still being worked out but they will be announced on the MQX community towards the end of this month. Web pages will be updated accordingly and there will be an opportunity for MQX users to provide input as to what they'd like to see on the roadmap regarding ports and features. This is a joint NXP - Embedded Access initiative.

Stay tuned!

Doug Bruce

Embedded Access Inc.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jankedzierski
Contributor II

I completly can NOT understand this step. I know, now it's a NXP decision, but MQX should be your main RTOS that is provided in the SDK.

• It's yours and your contribution to the RTOS market,
  • It's very stable and well developed (much more than FreeRTOS),
  • Lot of components much more than FreeRTOS,
  • It was used in many professional applications, FreeRTOS is good for students,
  • You wrote "it's a open source initiative" - MQX was free and open the same,
  • "FreeRTOS is most popular RTOS", yes Toyota is also more popular than Mercedes, We should produce only Toyota in the future :)?
  • You compared only 3 API functions in the transaction docu, please write also what is missing in the FreeRTOS.

Hope you will change your MQX roudmap...

Regards,

Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dave,

Actually there are plans in the works to not only port MQX to future processors but to continue maintaining and enhancing the MQX Platform. The details are still being worked out but they will be announced on the MQX community towards the end of this month. Web pages will be updated accordingly and there will be an opportunity for MQX users to provide input as to what they'd like to see on the roadmap regarding ports and features. This is a joint NXP - Embedded Access initiative.

Stay tuned!

Doug Bruce

Embedded Access Inc.