I had MQX 3.6, and I just downloaded and installed MQX 3.8, but I dont know what to do next. I need to rebuild the bsp and everything else, but I cant figure out exactly what files to move, add to my project, rebuild, change, etc.
Is there some documentation somwhere Im missing that makes all of this clear and straightforward?
As you use CW 7.2, you have a .mcp project file (binary).
I suggest you to do as follows :
- open your existing project (.mcp file)
- in the File menu, select export. This will create a project file .xml
- close CW
- edit this .xml file with a text editor (notepad for example) and change all 3.6 occurences to 3.8
- open CW and select import to import a project from the new .xml file
- then save the projet using another filename for this new .mcp file for MQX 3.8
At this step you have the old .mcp file for MQX 3.6 and the new one for MQX 3.8 and you should be OK.
Just make sure you build for the right target (debug, internal flash / external ram, ...)
I was wondering how to rebuild MQX 3.8 under CM10.2. The porting document does not give any specific steps to re-build it. It appears that the MQX was integrated into the project, but the project build does not build the MQX library. The user_config.h was updated manually accordingly, but still no new MQX library is built.