How to transplant the TCP/IP protocol in to KL25s?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transplant the TCP/IP protocol in to KL25s?

FrankyShen
Contributor I

Hello,

I have met a issue that I must transplant the tcp/ip in to KL25s chip not the K60,we know that the official only offer the MQXLite(not have TCP/IP suite) for the KL25s chip,I knew little about MQXLite&MQX and TCP/IP before, and now I get this job to be done asap. I hope you can give me some suggestion,thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no FEC/Wi-fi controller on KL25. Thus you will need KL25 communication interface, such as SPI or UART, to communicate with an external FEC or wi-fi chip.

-you can use a chip with integrated TCP/IP stack, such as the one used on Avnet WiGo module for wi-fi communication:

http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/Avnet-Wi-Go-Module.aspx

(examples: Murata LBWA1ZZVK7, Qualcomm Atheros AR4100P, GainSpan GS1500m, RedPine RS9110-N-11-22-(xx)).

If you wish to run TCP/IP stack on KL25 then you can bring a standalone TCP/IP stack, such as FNET (http://fnet.sourceforge.net/), into your application project and implement the low level interface between the TCP/IP stack and the FEC/wi-fi chip.

FrankyShen
Contributor I

Hi Martin,

I'm glad that you reply me.Yes,I want to run TCP/IP stack on KL25s,so the first option is not feasible.But I found that the FNET is not support the KL25 platform,the same to the MQX's RTCS or uTask,they all do not support the KL25 platform.

Does it mean that the TCP/IP stack can not run on KL25?

0 Kudos

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

TCP/IP stack like FNET can run on KL25 as it is mostly C code. It only means there is no demo so you will need to port FNET to a KL25 project/development IDE and implement the low level driver on your own.

0 Kudos

FrankyShen
Contributor I

Hi Martin,

Thanks again,but I found few info about FNET online,not mention to modify its low level driver,I think it will spend a lot time to be familiar with FNET.By modifying the kernel code,Can I configure a MQXos on my own that depend on KL25s also the RTCS can run on it,HOW?

0 Kudos

FrankyShen
Contributor I

Can someone here help me

0 Kudos