Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash driver with MQX

Jump to solution
antonychen2008
Contributor II

Hi support:

In my project I need to store data on K70. I want to use an external serial flash memory. Is there any demos available for MQX? or any driver for SPI interface?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

MQX 4.x includes a SPI driver. This driver supports the operation master mode. If enabled in user configuration, the SPI device drivers are installed during the BSP startup code as “spi0:” (or “spiX:” where X is index of the SPI module used). The SPI driver is significantly rewritten in the MQX 4.0, so that there is no distinct interrupt or polled driver type. See I/O User Guide for details.

On Kinetis and Vybrid platforms, the driver uses DMA to function. there is a simpler example application available in MQX, this example shows how to read/write data from/to external SPI EEPROM. Additional HW setup is needed. 

You can find this example at the next path: / mqx/examples/spi

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

MQX 4.x includes a SPI driver. This driver supports the operation master mode. If enabled in user configuration, the SPI device drivers are installed during the BSP startup code as “spi0:” (or “spiX:” where X is index of the SPI module used). The SPI driver is significantly rewritten in the MQX 4.0, so that there is no distinct interrupt or polled driver type. See I/O User Guide for details.

On Kinetis and Vybrid platforms, the driver uses DMA to function. there is a simpler example application available in MQX, this example shows how to read/write data from/to external SPI EEPROM. Additional HW setup is needed. 

You can find this example at the next path: / mqx/examples/spi

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos