您的意思是: 
已解决

Flash File System using MQX for KSDK 1.2

跳至解决方案
1,688 次查看
mozturk
Contributor I

Hi!

I'm using an MK24FN1M running MQX Standard, KSDK version 1.2. I have an IS25LP128 serial NOR flash chip connected to SPI0 which I'd like to install a file system on (MFS?) and I'm having trouble figuring out what is supported by this KSDK release. What is the best approach to implementing a filesystem on serial NOR flash given this KSDK release?

I've read through the following discussions but they seem out of date:

File system on SPI flash

Using Micron's external Flash with MQX

FlashX vs Flash_LDD for using MFS with internal flash. 

Flash Translation Layer

Store MQX web pages externally

Any help is appreciated!

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
819 次查看
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meric,

A File System in Flash is not recommended practice, therefore Freescale does not provide an example for that, As you may know, since a file system is very intrusive and does a lot of data verification, it might damage the flash or in the best scenario it will reduce life cycle and endurance.

I just found an old sample code that uses MFS mounted over the MCU flash, it usesa ColdFire device (MCF5225x) with an old MQX version. You may need to port this application to current tools, but I strongly recommend to reconsider your applications requirements,

Best regards,

Carlos

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
820 次查看
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meric,

A File System in Flash is not recommended practice, therefore Freescale does not provide an example for that, As you may know, since a file system is very intrusive and does a lot of data verification, it might damage the flash or in the best scenario it will reduce life cycle and endurance.

I just found an old sample code that uses MFS mounted over the MCU flash, it usesa ColdFire device (MCF5225x) with an old MQX version. You may need to port this application to current tools, but I strongly recommend to reconsider your applications requirements,

Best regards,

Carlos

0 项奖励
819 次查看
mozturk
Contributor I

Thanks Carlos! You're right, I was looking for a file system which made the appropriate considerations for NOR flash, like SFFS from Embedded Access. Reading more about MFS it's clear it's not the right solution for flash.

I ended up incorporating SPIFFS​.

Thanks again!

0 项奖励
819 次查看
kirandalvi
Contributor I

Hello Meric,

So with SPIFFS, can you create files similar to DOS file system?

I am planning to use file system over Serial Flash, so any inputs from your experience will be really helpful.

0 项奖励