cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDMK64F + KSDK MQX + PPP - low transfer speed

Novalis
Contributor III

Hello,
I had PPP running on FRDMK64-F with KSDK MQX and Cinterion BGS2-W modem (speeds around 2-3KB/s). I wanted higher speed so I bought Cinterion EHS5. It runs fine, but highest speed I can get is around 8KB/s

AT+CREG says I am connected to  "UTRAN w/HSDPA and w/HSUPA", so I should be getting much higher speeds.

I tried 750kbps serial speed, but no change in transfer speed compared with 115200.

Does anybody have any idea where the slowdown can happen? I don't know if anybody has PPP running in KSDK MQX, may be someone also had this problem with MQX Classic.

I will be trying FreeRTOS + lwip PPP, but KSD MQX solution would be better for me since I have my project already finished in KSDK MQX

Thanks,

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Novalis
Contributor III

Hello,
sorry I've been away from this project (and communities) for some time (waiting for new real hw), I will be getting back to it on january, so for now, I haven't figured it out yet :smileysad:

0 Kudos

josephchen
Contributor III

Hello Martin,

I also encountered the same problem as you have. I still don't know why the speed of PPP on KSDK gets so slow. I'm using MK65 MCU connect to ublox 3G module. I also have another project using MK70 MCU connecting to the same 3G module with classic MCU 4.2, and the performance is much better. Have you discovered the reason?

Joseph Chen

0 Kudos

yangweitao
Contributor I

Did you solve the problem?

0 Kudos