Error of TWR-k53N512 demo in IAR-8.10: failed to load MQXRtosPluginARM.dll

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error of TWR-k53N512 demo in IAR-8.10: failed to load MQXRtosPluginARM.dll

jerrylian
Contributor IV

I tried to run TWR-K53N512 demo in IAR-8.10, but when I opened the demo workspace, I got an "Load library error":

"C:\iar-mqx\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX\MQXRtosPluginARM.dll": the specified procedure could not be found.

However I checked that specific folder, and the file "MQXRtosPluginARM.dll" DOES exist!

So anybody got hint on this error?

Thanks!

Jerry

24 Replies

nitinhrish
Contributor III

Compiling and linking is totally independent of the plugin attachment which is done at the run time and with SWD or JTAG. I bet you, if you have deleted that DLL, you can run your code, but you won't see any MQX menu in the run time IAR screen. It simply won't exist which means, you will NOT be seeing any CORE DEBUG data at all.

Try that.

0 Kudos

jerrylian
Contributor IV

You make sense that: DLL is attached at the run time.

But can I run without the DLL? Because I tested the demo program, and nothing wrong.

(By the way, what do you mean by: "MQX menu in the run time IAR screen"?)

0 Kudos

nitinhrish
Contributor III

As I mentioned, you can run your programs without that DLL, no issues, if running a program is your only goal.

Typically after running, we want to understand execution time per function call, bugs, memory leaks, stack sizing per process, stack overflow (if any), heap sizing, queues, mutexes, semaphores AND in order to get that information we need MQX TAD plugin to work properly. MQX TAD plugin is the conduit to ARM Core's debug data. 

"MQX" menu is the item which you will see, if the plugin works and your IAR GUI is connected to the target.

See a sample of "menu", since I am NOT connected to a target, you are seeing "SIMULATOR" menu item (top of the window) in this screen shot, instead of "MQX"

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps !

0 Kudos

nitinhrish
Contributor III

I have exact same issue.:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

PLEASE EXPEDITE....