cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the MQX _LWADC driver use the PDB?

Jump to solution
pmt
Contributor V

I would like to use the Programmable Delay Block for my own purposes, but I also make use of the _lwadc component in MQX.  When I peruse the heavyweight ADC driver I see that it does seem to make use of the PDB, but does the _lwadc also depend on the PDB peripheral? 

Thanks,

PMT

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The LWADC driver in MQX v4.x has been updated to support Kinetis.  The LWADC driver is simpler to use than the Kinetis ADC driver, and it allows more than 2 channels per ADC.  The LWADC driver does not use the PDB timer for hardware triggering of the ADC conversion like the ADC driver does.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The LWADC driver in MQX v4.x has been updated to support Kinetis.  The LWADC driver is simpler to use than the Kinetis ADC driver, and it allows more than 2 channels per ADC.  The LWADC driver does not use the PDB timer for hardware triggering of the ADC conversion like the ADC driver does.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos