cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect() non-blocking?

Jump to solution
vespaman
Contributor III

While there are general non-blocking support in RTCS, I cannot find any information, also connect() has this support.

I'm looking into having a go at RTCS for my project, and are trying to find the disadvantages for doing this..

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank,

Micael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the connect() section of the RTCS User's Guide, it states:

"This task blocks, until the connection is accepted, or until the connection-timeout socket option expires."

The manual can be found in the docs directory in your MQX installation, or on the web here

Hopefully that answers your question

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the connect() section of the RTCS User's Guide, it states:

"This task blocks, until the connection is accepted, or until the connection-timeout socket option expires."

The manual can be found in the docs directory in your MQX installation, or on the web here

Hopefully that answers your question

0 Kudos
Phil_D
Contributor I

Hi Micael,

Is this the info you are looking for?
http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/ColdFire_Lite_Doc.zip?fpsp=1

Phil

Message Edited by Phil_D on 2009-06-22 09:03 PM
0 Kudos
vespaman
Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thanks! But actually, I think the zip you linked to, are for Freescales Interniche-Lite package, which is different from the MQX, as far as I understand.

I had a look at that before, but it seamed too limited for me, and I was not sure about ongoing support/update with it. I hope, with MQX, that Freescale has a more robust plan, and also longer term committment with MQX, otherwise, many of us better turn to other solutions (open source or commercial).

Micael

0 Kudos