Changing from K60 to K64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from K60 to K64

jesperevertsson
Contributor IV

Hi, for the past few years we've been using the MK60FX512 CPU. Now we are running out of RAM in our larger products and are looking to upgrade to a MK64FX512. We have a custom BSP, which is based on the K60F120M BSP, and now I'm wondering what's the easiest way going forward. Is it possible to just change the MQX_CPU define in "user_config.h" from our current K60 to the K64. That would be really easy for us since we've made some changes in some mqx source files for our current BSP. Or is it better to make a new BSP that is cloned from the K64F120M BSP?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jesper:

I think it is not possible to just change the MQX_CPU define in “user_config.h” from your current K60 to the K64.  Because there are some differences between them. You need to do some migration work.

There are two BSP porting guide under MQX documentation folder. You can use that as a starting point to port custom code to K64.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Example_User_Guide.pdf

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

Since K64 is supported in MQX 4.2, I think it’s better to make a new BSP that is cloned from the K64F120M, and add your custom code into this BSP.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos