Can you use and load both MQX 3.8.x and MQX 4.0.x with CW 10.3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
c_dawg
Contributor III

It seems like CW 10.3 defaults to what ever is installed first.  Should one MQX be uninstalled?

Note:  I can see both MQX 3.8 project and MQX 4.0 project under the "file>>new" menu selection.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Colin,

You will be able to see both MQX in CodeWarrior, the issues will come up when you want to complile project for MQX 3.8. This is becuase MQX 4.0 replaces one Environment Variable called: "MQX_PATH". both versions are uisng the same variable. Just make sure you change it when you go from 4.0 to 3.8 and vise versa.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Garabo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
c_dawg
Contributor III

Thanks! It is useful to know what path to change.

0 Kudos
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Colin,

You will be able to see both MQX in CodeWarrior, the issues will come up when you want to complile project for MQX 3.8. This is becuase MQX 4.0 replaces one Environment Variable called: "MQX_PATH". both versions are uisng the same variable. Just make sure you change it when you go from 4.0 to 3.8 and vise versa.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Garabo

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Colin Dawson,

both of them should theoretically work. Why only theoretically, because CW 10.3 was released after these two MQX releases.

Could you detail more what do you mean with following line? "It seems like CW 10.3 defaults to what ever is installed first.  Should one MQX be uninstalled?"

Regards,

MartinK