cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint warning

barbercolman
Contributor III

Hi

I am using cw 10.0 and MQX 3.6.2. I have 4 breakpoints and when I start the debugger I receive the following " breakpoint warning unable set all the breakpoints requested...." No information on which breakpoint is causing the issue. How do I determine which breakpoint is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

madifazio
Contributor III

Hi 

You can only set 4 active breakpoints at same time. This is a hardware limitation in same MCU

see http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/MCF52259.pdf?fpsp=1 page 5, section  System debug support.

Regards

dhlocker
Contributor III

I've discovered and worked around the max four breakpoints, but I have discovered that many of my breakpoints don't seem to get triggered.

As well as I can tell, any breakpoint that is deeper than one function call into the mqx libraries from my application won't trigger.  Tracing takes me through the same code, so I believe the breakpoint should be triggered when I hit F8, but no joy.

So with a call stack like: AppFunction()->mqxFunction0()->mqxFunction2()->mqxFunction3() I find that the processor breaks on breakpoints in AppFunction() and the entry to mqxFunction0().  Breakpoints in any of mqxFunction2() or mqxFunction3() never break.  But if I trace, i can follow the entire flow, step in, step return, run-to-line all work in mqxFunction2() and mqxFunction3() but no breakpoints.