cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP setup for LPDDR memory?

Jump to solution
jrasmussen
Contributor II

I'm trying to put in the parameters for the LPDDR memory we are using in the DDR controller registers, and was really surprised to see that we need 64 registers worth of values.  I wanted to check if someone has already used and/or setup this memory in the BSP for the K70?  The routine for initializing the DDR2 memory is in the init_hw.c file of the MQX BSP.  Do we need to initialize values in all of the registers, or can we skip some portions of these DDR registers?

We are using the Micron MT46H8M16LF-6 memory part.

Thanks,

--James

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jrasmussen
Contributor II

Thanks.  I was able to get an init routine from Freescalse exports that I used to replace to DDR2 initialization sequence in the BSP with our LPDDR initialization.  All is working well now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gnelly
Contributor I

We are also looking for the LPDDR init routine for our MQX BSP.

Where can we get more information for obtaining this code?

Thank you.

Gary

0 Kudos
johannesschock
Contributor II

Hello.

We're also looking for a LPDDR-init routine.

Can you James or anybody else publish it?

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

0 Kudos
LANCO_M4
Contributor II

Check with your local Freescale FAE. Freescale has a DDR utility that helps setup the registers based on the DDR chip you are using. We used it for DDR-I on our board.

0 Kudos
jrasmussen
Contributor II

Thanks.  I was able to get an init routine from Freescalse exports that I used to replace to DDR2 initialization sequence in the BSP with our LPDDR initialization.  All is working well now.

0 Kudos