cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Wifi way to an existinf Ethernet board

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

We have currently a board with an kinetis (K60 or K70) which use ethernet controller and MQX 4.2

We open a socket and communicate without any problem.

Now, I Will add FTP client possibilities on this board.

I think this could be Ok.

In addition, I would like to add the possibilities to our user board to not use the Ethernet Cable, but a Wifi link.

Are they a simple way to do this? Which "Wifi" card advice you to me? How use it with MQX? Is MQX has driver to control this type of board?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I seen : Qualcomm Atheros: TWR-WIFI-AR4100 802.11n Wi-Fi module

This seems obselete.

Are they new one to use by using the driver of AR4100?

Which will be the best solution to add the wifi to a K70 board having the ethernet with MQX 4.2 and with a reduced time to market?

Thanks

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arnogir 

I hope you are doing well !

We do provide Wi-fi solutions (Wifi + buetooth ) , however they are not readily available to be integrated with MQX 4.2.

To have reduce time to market you could contact our Professional Support Service to assist you with the integration of Wi-fi to your project.

If you have any question, let me know.

Diego.
0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank for your back.

We looking for an integrated solution: A board where we input on SPI (or other) and on which we connect the external antena.

THis is for EMI reason. The certification will be light if we use already certified board by the manufacturer.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arnogir 

Thank you for your reply as well!

I understand, in this case I do not have a board to recommend you (as  a solution ready to integrate with MQX RTOS ) 

Let me know if I could help in anything else.

Diego

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Ok,

- Do you knwo an other easy solution existing for other OS but we could easily adapte to MQX?

- Or is existing a sort of "Ethernet Phy" plugged on the RMII, but the output will not be the Wired differential to RJ45 but wifi Antenna? Just need to configure via RMII the SSID, psw etc... ?

-Or do you know any other type of solution which could be easier to use it with a K70 and MQX 4.2? (May be the newer AR4100 where the driver adaptation will be easy..)

- or why not a board which convert the RJ45 Ethernet to Wifi? with a simple AT command to configure the Wifi need?...

-Other any other solution?...

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arnogir 

Actually we do have   MQX Wi-Fi SoftAP Demo where the implementation of the GT202 Wi-Fi  a module is used with Atheros Drivers, however this module it is end of life (as many others using TWR system), see this post were we recommend the Silex  SX-ULPAN-2401-SHIELD, you could check with Silex regarding the support and availability. 

We do have SDK support for  88W Wi-fi modules that I mentioned earlier  with  I.MX RT microcontrollers , a getting started can be found here: However they may require additional efforts to get them working on your platform.

That is all the information that I know for this case, my apologies. 

Diego.

0 Kudos