Using TWR-SER2 with TWR-K70F120M for Ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K70F120M running MQX and RTCS can work with the Dual Phy on TWR-SER2. Below I list the modifications I did to the default BSP:

1) I add phy_dp83xxx.c and phy_dp83xxx.h to the bsp_twrk70f120m build project. These files are with MQX in /mqx/source/io/enet/Phy

2) I modify the BSP to use DP83xxx PHY for the Ethernet MACNET:

in the /mqx/source/bsp/twrk70f120m/init_enet.c:

#include "phy_dp83xxx.h"

const ENET_IF_STRUCT ENET_0 = {

&MACNET_IF,

//&phy_ksz8041_IF,

&phy_dp83xxx_IF,

MACNET_DEVICE_0,

MACNET_DEVICE_0,

BSP_ENET0_PHY_ADDR,

BSP_ENET0_PHY_MII_SPEED

};

3) MDIO line requires an external pull up resistor, per DP83849I Data sheet. As I didn't have one at the moment, I enable internal pull up on MCU pin PTB0.

in the /mqx/source/bsp/twrk70f120m/init_gpio.c:

//pctl->PCR[0] = PORT_PCR_MUX(4) | PORT_PCR_ODE_MASK; /* PTB0, RMII0_MDIO/MII0_MDIO   */

/* PTB0, RMII0_MDIO/MII0_MDIO   */

/* internal pull up enabled on MDIO */

pctl->PCR[0] = PORT_PCR_MUX(4) | PORT_PCR_ODE_MASK | PORT_PCR_PE_MASK | PORT_PCR_PS_MASK;

With these changes, the RTCS applications work over TWR-SER2 Dual PHY channel A.

On TWR-SER2, J8 and J9 are un-shunted, SW1 = 11000000, SW2 = 10100000

on TWR-K70F120M, J18 is configured to disable 50 MHz OSC, as I use 50 MHz clock source from TWR-SER2 U504 50 MHz output. This clock is used to provide reference clock for the MCU (EXTAL), as well as for the Dual PHY X1 input (RMII reference clock).

Comments

Hi

I had successfully run my Ethernet Driver on TWR-SER board for TWR-K70F120M but not working on TWR-SER2.

1. Is Ethernet Device in Single/Dual RMII mode is supported on TWR-SER2 board for TWR-K70F120M?  According to this link, (Line: 241) it is not supported?

2. If supported, then is there any change in signal settings like (MDC, MDIO, CRS_DV, RXDn, RXErr, TXDn, TXEN and RMII_REF_CLK) as compared to TWR-SER board?

Regards

Hi

I had made it work on BSP for TWR-K53N512, besides jumper settings listed above, I just applied changes mentioned in step 3.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Kan

Hi Hafiz,

I have successfully used TWR-SER and TWR-SER2 cards with MQX4.1 Ethernet applications for the TWR-K70F120M independently (i.e. only using one tower serial card at a time and not using both cards simultaneously).

Both TWR-SER and TWR-SER2 are running RMII and using the clock source from the respective TWR-SER(2) card to clock both the Ethernet PHY and the MCU which synchronizes the clock domains.

I can just swap the cards and run the same application code.

Note that when using the TWR-SER2 card I am only using one of the Ethernet ports ETH_A/J12.

Regards,

David

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-10-2020 02:11 AM
Updated by: