cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sja1105smbevm_example:Ethernet PHY module

Kasi_FU
Contributor I

Due to the first S32DS trial, I encountered the following problems:

1. When the board is powered on, do you need to connect the jumper cap to the 1,2 pins of J6 to record the. Elf file into the board through the debugger

2.I import sja1105smbeVM_example, bool and NULL types are not defined in SDK code, I see bool is defined in stdbool

3. How to modify master/slave mode through Ethernet PHY module? Test mode and so on, it seems that there is no effect when I change the register, do you have any Demo

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Here is the feedback related to the last question:

"Can the customer please specify the question:

• Which SJA1105 version? SJA1105PQRS or older ones? Or are they using a specific evaluation board which does have the SJA11105 on it?
  • SJA1105 does not have any internal PHYs, what PHY module does he mean?

What registers exactly are they trying to write to?"

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. Jumper J6 should be set to 2-3 position when the regulators are permanently enabled.
As mentioned in the user manual:
"Jumper block J6 allows to disable powering off the board with this mechanism, by
connecting the switchers’ EN inputs directly to 12V0. This can be useful, if there is no
SW support for wakeup/sleep, or for debugging, or for the first bring-up of the board."

2. The user manual says:

"At the time of writing this document you need
• the basic packet “S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1 -
Windows/Linux” and
• the cumulative update “S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1
Update 2 - MPC574xx SDK BETA 0.9.0”

However, I can see that the project was updated and it uses SDK RTM 3.0.0. You can use latest version of S32DS 2.1.

If you are facing described issues, clean the project, generate Processor Expert Code again and compile the project again. It should work.

3. I'm not familiar with this, I will ask and I will let you know later.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Tony_lv
Contributor I

Hi,Lukas:

According to what you said, I reinstalled S32DS 2.1, but I imported SJA1105SMBeVM_example and could not generate Generated_Code. Please check the attached error, thank you!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First, make sure you have installed latest Update 14:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/S32-Design-Studio-for-Power-Architectu...

Then you can try to import attached project. This is my version already imported to 2.1.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos