Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phy_autoneg on MPC5748G LCEVB

Jump to solution
karma_JC
Contributor I

Hi:

Working on PHY driver using example phy_autoneg example.    Base on my assumption, the cable unplug/plug should call one of action(Link up, Link down, autoneg complete, and autoneg failed) callback.  However, those action-callbacks could not be reached when I unplug/plug cable from the ethernet port on MPC5748G LCEVB.  I checked the configuration on ENET(ENET0, MII), and PHY being pointing at the configuration of ENET0.  So, the configuration shall be good.  I traced the the code a  little from mainFunciton->PHY_Read->readC122->ENET_DRV_MDIORead.  The value readback after masking is always 0xFFFF regardless cable being plug in to the port or not.  Will this "phy_autoneg" example work on MPC5748G LCEVB board????

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

example was done for DEVKIT board, however will be running for LCEVB too after some modification. DEVKIT is using RMII connection , LCEVB MII connection.
PA7 and PA10 pins are used to drive LEDs on example and it is connected to PHY outputs on LCEVB, so at least you should unroute pins in pin_mux component.
Then PHY is using address 1 so you need to change it in PHY component

PetrS_0-1651141433042.png

Then it should work on LCEVB.

Ideally change config to MII mode and add rest of MII signals in pinmux and also config pins for LEDs and modify used code to drive right pins for LEDs .

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
karma_JC
Contributor I

Hi PetrS:

I've resolved this by finding out the default PHY address of TI DP83848C being set to 1.  The problem has been resolved.

Thank you

James

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

example was done for DEVKIT board, however will be running for LCEVB too after some modification. DEVKIT is using RMII connection , LCEVB MII connection.
PA7 and PA10 pins are used to drive LEDs on example and it is connected to PHY outputs on LCEVB, so at least you should unroute pins in pin_mux component.
Then PHY is using address 1 so you need to change it in PHY component

PetrS_0-1651141433042.png

Then it should work on LCEVB.

Ideally change config to MII mode and add rest of MII signals in pinmux and also config pins for LEDs and modify used code to drive right pins for LEDs .

BR, Petr

0 Kudos